• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Led lighting?

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I need to replace the ceiling fan light fixture in the room where Blu is kept since I can't use the fan anyway.

I came across a light that I really liked, that looks clean and bright, but I'm not sure if it would be okay to use?

It's called an led light. I took a picture of the tag with the specs.

20161011_144858.jpg

I know that lighting is controversial and confusing, and I'm not purchasing this ceiling light for any kind of uva or uvb benefits. My only reason for wanting it is because it's pretty and bright.

My concern is...would an led light be bothersome to a birds' eyes, or is it dangerous in any way?

Thank you on advance, if anyone has any idea!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I'd buy it and use it. I am also going to be replacing some bird lighting and will be going the LED route. I just want bright light. I'm not using it for UV anything.

Soon everything will be LED lighting.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I have many led bulbs in my family room where the birds are. I really like the kind that have a high CRI index so colors look like they are supposed to.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I have been using LED lighting over my bird cage since I moved into the new apartment. Yesterday the plug for the LED lamp gave me a problem that was all my fault and is being replaced by the seller. Anyway today I noticed M&M are acting differently. Its a rainy day so no light coming in the windows and no LED lighting on top of the cage for them. They were very quiet all day and mostly stayed inside the cage. This is not the norm, in fact it is unusual for them to not fly about and chirp with the music. I am convinced it is because the only lighting in my living room is 2 table lamps and one floor lamp. Not nearly as bright as what they are used to.

painesgrey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
I use two LED light strips over Pippin and Cake's cage. They provide great illumination, and next to no heat output means I don't have to worry about burns or fire. They don't seem bothered by them at all.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I guess it boils down to deceiving bird people about the FS bulbs. I have 2 Featherbrite bulbs in a drawer I bought a year ago. They cost about $25. each. It's hard to throw away $50.