• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Laura, what are you doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lzver

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Laura
Earlier this morning, I was sitting on the couch watching TV and my husband was getting ready for work. Then all of a sudden I heard 'Laura, what are you doing?' I went to the stairs to see what my husband wanted ... I thought he wanted me to bring something up to him.

Here's the funny part ... it wasn't my husband ... it was Lucy that said it and it was in my husband's voice:lol: She says 'what are you doing' all the time, but today was the first time I ever heard her say my name.

Lucy is the mumbler in our house and she always mumbles away in her cage in the morning before we take the covers off. Lucy amazes me every day. She speaks in a higher more robotic voice when she's mimicing me, but she speaks in a much lower tone when she's mimicing my husband. Apparantly my husband asks me what I'm doing a lot :D

lzver

Real Name
Laura
:lol:
Teach your other bird to say "Mind your own business"
That would be funny :lol:

Lucy is my only bird that would say something like that. Jessie has his louder times and Lucy now tells Jessie to 'Shut up'. I never tell Jessie to shut up, but I can't get my husband or step kids to stop saying it, so Lucy has picked it up now. As much as I hate the words 'shut up' it is kinda funny when Lucy says it to Jessie ... and its always in context ... she only says it when Jessie is being loud.

luvsgreys

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
:rofl: Your hubs has Lucy keeping tabs! lol. What a smart girlie!

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:lol:lucy sounds like a hoot.My grey Sadie used to say similar things too.

PeaceLoveDreamer

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jacqui
Oh how cute! I am still only used to my Goffin's mumbling garble, which hardly ever sounds like a human voice. Can't wait till my Cape starts talking to me :)

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
:lol:
Teach your other bird to say "Mind your own business"
That would be quite funny! Jellybean says "Shut up Emmett!" when Emmett talks :D

It always fascinates me when they communicate to each other.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
so funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.