• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Last Clutch of the year

PoukieBear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
And it's a big one !! In fact, this is the largest clutch I have ever had in the aviary. 8 fertile eggs ! As the chicks hatch, I'll be moving the larger ones into a foster nest, which will hopefully save the younger ones from being lost under the baby pile.

The first chick arrived this morning.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my gosh, so exciting!

Can you tell me about your beautiful profile pic bird with the red eyes? I am surprised he/she is not yellow or white, but I know very little about genetics.

PoukieBear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Oh my gosh, so exciting!

Can you tell me about your beautiful profile pic bird with the red eyes? I am surprised he/she is not yellow or white, but I know very little about genetics.

That's one of my extremely rare mutations, called "Fallow". It's a combination of Ino and Cinnamon, and the way the genes line up on the allele allows the body colour to come through, and cinnamon markings on the back and wings. They have red eyes like an albino because of the Ino gene.

I have another thread here with three Fallow babies that are currently in the nest, check it out :)

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just gorgeous. I'll check out your other thread!

Budgiebonkers

aka Pandapaws23
Avenue Veteran
i have two clutches right now after them im done until next year both my clutches have 5 chicks each