• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Largest 1/2” Cage?

Roseicollis

Meeting neighbors
Looking to get a small flock of budgies/similarly sized parakeets in the future. I would love to get as large of a cage as possible, but the only issue is that many of the larger cages have bar spacing that is way too large. I also can’t get an aviary and stainless steel would be super rough on my wallet.

I really want to give them as much room as possible (and also fit a lot of toys in, hehe). What are the largest powder-coated cages with 1/2” bar spacing? Thanks so much in advance!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
A double flight comes to mind, and I know @webchirp has a pretty large one. Hopefully she will chime in :)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Most of the large flight cages have half inch bar spacing . These cages were made for budgies!

Roseicollis

Meeting neighbors
Was thinking a flock of about 7 birds. Does anyone have experience with the Natural Inspirations cages? I prefer sturdier cages without the sliding-down doors.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Thanks for the advice, I just figured if it was a flock they’d be one big group.
They are always bonded as pairs, that they chose to live as a big flock is for protection. So birds are not group animals in that way.
If you have uneven numbers their is always one that will be sad, and fighting can also be a problem as the single bird trying to steal another's mate.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
I think Natural Inspirations also has a double Macaw sized cage that has 1/2" spacing. If you prefer a cage with trays rather than a walk-in.

I have put two of the double flight cages together for my caiques for a time while they were all getting along (well 4 of them anyways). The double flight cages from A&E and HQ are made better than some of the other brands.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Most of the larger flight cages don't have sliding doors. They have swing out doors. Only the small ones have sliding usually. This is the A&E Double Flight.

6421 Black - 64"x21"x65" Double Flight Cage with Divider

The Natural Inspiration walk in aviaries seem really nice! I think @Macawnutz has one or the A&E one?

I have the centurion 62x62x79 but they are the EXACT same as the A&E. They make a 61x61x78 with 1/2 spacing, for small birds I would guess you would want the catch enclosure too.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Was thinking a flock of about 7 birds. Does anyone have experience with the Natural Inspirations cages? I prefer sturdier cages without the sliding-down doors.
Yes that is where I got my 45 x 30 x 74. I have nine foster cheeks in one and then two other cages like this but with only a pair. The only issue is a large gap on the bottom bars (1"). You'll need to put something across that. But its a great cage that is really solid. She also has doubles.

I also have an HQ double flight cage which is very nice...gives them flying back and forth space

And the most recent cages are AE 38 x 24 x 36...not giant but its a good size for the money.