• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Lafeber from drs and millet

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How does the millet look? I order my millet from Volkman and it's not CA millet which is weird, IMO, since they are located in CA. You think they would get CA millet. Whoever packed my order this time put the packages of millet beneath the 40 lb. bag of seed. Not the best thing to do.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
It’s golden! Flash is washing the color out. I actually ordered drs brand millet but it stunk of chemicals. They refunded me and we threw it in the trash. California doesn’t smell of chemicals. 79D7952D-698D-4331-A204-8CB8EC309D16.jpeg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Drs is usually a darker one because it's grown in Wisconsin on their own property. I use Drs millet almost exclusively and have never had an issue

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Drs is usually a darker one because it's grown in Wisconsin on their own property. I use Drs millet almost exclusively and have never had an issue
The one I got was definitely treated with something.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
The millet looks great!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's beautiful millet. Volkman sells the dark millet. I don't have a lot of birds who like millet, generally just Spee, Kuiper, Callisto and Jaden, so I just order @ 3-4 six ounce bags each month. One time they sent me 18 bags by mistake. That was crazy. I wound up giving some away and tossing some out for the wild birds. Where did you order the golden millet from? I know that Lady Gouldian Finch and another finch place sell it.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
That's beautiful millet. Volkman sells the dark millet. I don't have a lot of birds who like millet, generally just Spee, Kuiper, Callisto and Jaden, so I just order @ 3-4 six ounce bags each month. One time they sent me 18 bags by mistake. That was crazy. I wound up giving some away and tossing some out for the wild birds. Where did you order the golden millet from? I know that Lady Gouldian Finch and another finch place sell it.
Amazon. I used to buy straight from the farm but they are hard to get a hold of.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
It’s golden! Flash is washing the color out. I actually ordered drs brand millet but it stunk of chemicals. They refunded me and we threw it in the trash. California doesn’t smell of chemicals. View attachment 289762
How bizarre! All the millet I've bought from Drs has been great and smells like it should... always very plump millet. How recent was the millet order that was bad? I need to order more soon, I'm nearly out.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Just this week Sadie. And I didn’t care for Nemeth farms millet, it was too dark for my picky guys.