• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Lafeber does it again

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
When I received two bags of parrot popcorn with a shorter than usual expiration date I first contacted the vendor and the rep told me nothing could be done because the expiration date had not been reached. Contacted Lafeber, rep told me to email photos which I did and I was sent 2 replacement bags.

Received a 3 lb. bag of Senior Nutriberries with at least 1/3rd of nutriberries broken apart into crumbs. Contacted Lafeber, was told to email photos of contents, UPC code and expiration date which I did. Received this reply:
Thank you for your phone call and sending over these photos. I'm sorry you are experiencing problems with our products.
I'll get a replacement set up for you and you can expect that in the next week or so.
Thank you again, and please let me know if you need anything else.

Best wishes,

Customer Service Associates
Lafeber Company 815-888-4040 Lafeber.com
EmerAid LLC 815466-8040 EmerAid.com
Lafeber.com/Vet
Fax 815-888-4042

I'm very appreciative of the excellent customer support.

nb 2.jpg

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
That’s great news about the replacements! Sheesh that’s a lot of crumbs!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was surprised to see that. I can understand a small amount of crumbs but not that much.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
They sound like an upstanding company.... Good for them! And good for you!

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I really like the Lafeber products and order several of them. The problem I'm experiencing is identical. I also receive a good 1/2 bag of crumbs that cost $30.00. I send the pictures, get the letter and then; got a replacement and it was the same! This has happened more than once, more than twice... It's getting to the point where I'm feeling bad about complaining with every order I receive. It's a shame because I don't want to give up buying the food but I feel they are leaving me no alternative. I started buying the senior pellets in the small bags, which cost me more money, but at least what I receive is usable. Now I'm working with crumbled Macaw Nutriberries, sigh, I didn't want to complain again.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
The 20lb boxes arrive intact!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My 3 lb. replacement bag arrived today. Unfortunately they sent me Pellet Berries instead of Senior Nutriberries. I called and rep told me they would send out another bag. She did say that they were similar to the Senior NBs but don't contain the herbs which is exactly what I buy them for (especially the milk thistle). New bag should come next week some time.

I really like the Lafeber products and order several of them. The problem I'm experiencing is identical. I also receive a good 1/2 bag of crumbs that cost $30.00. I send the pictures, get the letter and then; got a replacement and it was the same! This has happened more than once, more than twice... It's getting to the point where I'm feeling bad about complaining with every order I receive. It's a shame because I don't want to give up buying the food but I feel they are leaving me no alternative. I started buying the senior pellets in the small bags, which cost me more money, but at least what I receive is usable. Now I'm working with crumbled Macaw Nutriberries, sigh, I didn't want to complain again.

That's too bad. Wonder what is going on with that. Does it happen during shipping and rough handling or are they bagged like that. If it's the latter then there's an issue with quality control. The bag I ordered directly from Lafeber recently was fine.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Well... disappointing but! You get some freebies.. Hope the birds like the pellet berries!

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just got another Lafeber order in today and everything was absolutely perfect. I got macaw senior berries, macaw nutraberries and the parrot fruit delight avi-cakes. Nothing was broke and everything was fresh. Yay Lafeber, I have faith again!! :dancing:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I had to buy another large bag (local store was out of the smalls). Looks like I'm going to be smothered in crumbs. I'll ask about the packaging if I have to call.

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’ve been buying the senior berries in the small packaging. It’s been the only way that I’ve been able to get whole pieces.

When I order directly from Lafeber I always include a note and ask that they package everything wrapped well and to place it flat in the box.

I still think the best way to get the freshest is to order directly from them. I did notice a lot of extra bubblewrap and paper in the box I received. It did seem to help this time.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Never received my replacement for the Pellet Berries. Emailed Lafeber and the rep replied that I received the replacement on 6/26. I keep trying to explain that what I received were the Pellet Berries and not the Senior Nutriberries. Rep stated that the replacement was for the Pellet Berries I received in my 6/12 order by mistake and that it was Senior Nutriberries. However, my 6/12 order was perfect. The replacement was for the bag of crumbs. I think I am going to have to call tomorrow to re-explain. I even forwarded a copy of the follow up email after spoke with the rep on 6/26 thanking her for helping me out regarding the mix up and to please let me know when the replacement bag would ship out. Why would I send that if I had received the correct product? Very frustrating!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I can imagine it is! I hope they get this sorted out and someone realizes they don't need to lose a customer over this and just send the correct replacement.
It's weird. I got the info that my direct order was processed and complete on 6/21 but I received the package on 6/18. Their system is messed up, IMO. The package with the Pellet Berries which I received on 6/26 contained an invoice for Senior Nutriberries but that wasn't what was sent. I think it might be easier to go over everything on the phone rather than through email but one would think that based on the email I forwarded to them from 6/26 it would be obvious that I did not receive the replacement nutriberries. I am not even sure which rep I have been emailing.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I had to deal with Chewy sending me an order twice and during my conversation with the rep I requested that they stock Senior Nutriberries. They sell the other ones so I'm hoping they get those. Their customer service is usually excellent and would be so much easier to just order the dogs' food and the nutriberries from one place.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I had to deal with Chewy sending me an order twice and during my conversation with the rep I requested that they stock Senior Nutriberries. They sell the other ones so I'm hoping they get those. Their customer service is usually excellent and would be so much easier to just order the dogs' food and the nutriberries from one place.
I just placed an order with Chewy yesterday. I looked for the senior nutriberries and noticed they didn't have them. I hope you have success getting them to stock them. Their bird stock items are fairly dismal. Did you see the new flat perches with the bowl inserted by Tweety pies? I really like them. She's taking pre-orders for them at a reduced price. I'd love to get some but too many expenses here are going to keep me from ordering. I did order a new flight cage two days ago with Petco because they were 28% off. It ended up being 154. and some change but sales tax bumped it up to 160.00 It arrived today!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just placed an order with Chewy yesterday. I looked for the senior nutriberries and noticed they didn't have them. I hope you have success getting them to stock them. Their bird stock items are fairly dismal. Did you see the new flat perches with the bowl inserted by Tweety pies? I really like them. She's taking pre-orders for them at a reduced price. I'd love to get some but too many expenses here are going to keep me from ordering. I did order a new flight cage two days ago with Petco because they were 28% off. It ended up being 154. and some change but sales tax bumped it up to 160.00 It arrived today!
Yes, I've seen the Tweetypies perches with bowls. Right now I have to limit what I purchase due to expenses so trying to stick to necessities. How do you like the new flight cage?
Chewy does have limited bird products but at least they have started to carry some items. I asked them to stock Caitec OFBs but that never happened. I requested that more than once. Where do you get your Senior Nutriberries from?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

I noticed that the bag that I received that seemed OK seems to be getting crumbier. I think the nutriberries just start to fall apart. I may just start ordering the smaller bags, too, although I might consider forgetting about the nutriberries and just getting a milk thistle supplement.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Called Lafeber this AM and spoke with Cyndi who is the rep I've generally been emailing/speaking with and she told me that after reading my last email she remembered the mistake with the Pellet Berries and that she was in error and she would be sending out the 3 lb. bag of Senior Nutriberries. Glad this was resolved and hope I receive the correct product this time.