• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Kodak Easy Share 10.2MP

Status
Not open for further replies.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
This one
Walmart.com: Kodak EasyShare M340 Green 10.2MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom, 2.7" LCD: Digital Cameras

is it decent? Does it really take great pics like the reviews and description says it does?

I'm looking for one to just carry with me all the time, Sometimes i'll use it on the birds (when mine is being charged lol) but I want it to take good pics of the birds, true to color (or at least as close as possible) I don't want the pictures to be all grainy like they are with my vivicam, and I don't want to have to use a flash light in low light situations like i do with the vivicam

if its a good camera and I can scrape up the extra money before June 5th I'm getting it at big lots its $69.99 there on sale

Jadesmom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mary Ann
I have one. I went from the easyshare 4 mega-pixel to this one. I find lots of times the pics come out better with no flash. Sometimes the pics are grainy if its on the wrong setting. There are a whole lot more settings than the 4 MP. Here are a few I have taken with it.

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
I have one. I went from the easyshare 4 mega-pixel to this one. I find lots of times the pics come out better with no flash. Sometimes the pics are grainy if its on the wrong setting. There are a whole lot more settings than the 4 MP. Here are a few I have taken with it.

awesome :D

one other Question - I asked on Walmarts Q&A thing but who knows when I'd get a reply there

While in Video mode, and recording a video Can you zoom in while recording??

that is a must have for me!

p.s. love how the purple dish in your finches cage stayed PURPLE, my vivicam turns that shade of Purple into a Periwinkle shade, and my canon probably would make it blue just dark blue lol

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
I have a Kodak similar to that one, but don't use it anymore. It's this one: Kodak EasyShare M1073 IS digital camera specifications: Digital Photography Review

You can zoom in when you're recording with the Kodak Camera I have, though the quality (it's 10.2 MPs) does get a bit crap if you zoom in too far.

my canon i have no does that too and i'm a good one for zoomin in to far lol

if i had the money (and a credit card) I would of been in trouble last night LOL

I turned the T.v on while i was laying down and decided to watch some HSN (Home Shopping Network) My mom has always watched it and QVC, and has ordered for years

I wanted this camera! and its only on sale for the weekend at $199
they had me sold when they showed the pictures it took of a Blue and Gold Macaw

they showed 3 versions - no zoom - could barely see what it was, zoomed at 15 nice, but nothing fancy then they did 18xs zoom I was sold and drooling

beyond perfect detail, NO pixleation (if thats even a word) no grainyness looked like a professional picture of a up close picture of a macaw

Fujifilm S1800 12MP 18X Zoom SLR-Style Camera with Software at HSN.com

Ps if you click on the Demo it'll show you what I watched on tv last night with the pic of the macaw

Last edited:

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
my canon i have no does that too and i'm a good one for zoomin in to far lol

if i had the money (and a credit card) I would of been in trouble last night LOL

I turned the T.v on while i was laying down and decided to watch some HSN (Home Shopping Network) My mom has always watched it and QVC, and has ordered for years

I wanted this camera! and its only on sale for the weekend at $199
they had me sold when they showed the pictures it took of a Blue and Gold Macaw

they showed 3 versions - no zoom - could barely see what it was, zoomed at 15 nice, but nothing fancy then they did 18xs zoom I was sold and drooling

beyond perfect detail, NO pixleation (if thats even a word) no grainyness looked like a professional picture of a up close picture of a macaw

Fujifilm S1800 12MP 18X Zoom SLR-Style Camera with Software at HSN.com

Ps if you click on the Demo it'll show you what I watched on tv last night with the pic of the macaw

Yes, they're fantastic cameras!

I have a FujiFilm Finepix S2000 HD (High Def) and it's a camera I definitely do not regret getting although I paid nearly $500 for it, but it was so worth it. You can zoom in when recording and the quality is amazing and it's only a 10.0 MP Camera PLUS 15x zoom.. it's definitely a point and shoot camera I'd recommend to anyone, it's a bit on the bulky side, but it reminds me of my Canon DSLR in a way. The quality when taking photos is really good too (even in low-light), it's better then the Kodak for sure, plus it has different settings including macro which I used a lot when I was using my FujiFilm. :)

I took this video with my FujiFilm: YouTube - Emmits First Video

There wasn't much lighting, and plus it blurred the background as well, not anything special, but it's like a macro video. It was zoomed in too, and the video remained good quality. I also love how good the sound is on it!

And these are photos I've taken with the FujiFilm:

taken with the flash:

without flash, zoomed in

Macro

these photos are just randoms without zooming in

Just to give you an idea on different settings. I don't use my FujiFilm either anymore, lol.. I use my Canon so I have cameras sitting around but keep them for *just in case* my Canon dies on me, which hopefully never happens.

ETA: I forgot to add, there's one SMALL problem with the FujiFilm, well mine, it takes rechargable batteries, but it chews battiers up pretty fast, especially if you use the flash or are recording videos. I had to charge my 4 batteries every 2 days, but again it depends on how much you use it too.

Last edited:

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Thanks Renae - that video is great and the pictures are awesome

I just wish the sale for this one on HSN wasn't for just the weekend :(

I hinted around to my mom while i was on Yahoo messenger with her, showed it to her and everything but she doesn't have the money for it :( She would of gotten it for me for xmas

I told her about the All in one Printer they had on sale on there too - It has a fax machine (mine doesn't) But What made me want it was it has 1 button to push to get your pages to print out double sided and you do not have to put the papers back in, It printed out one side sucked the paper back up and printed out the 2nd side

I hate trying to print out double sided papers I always get the back side up side down lol

but I guess This will just be wishful thinking Maybe one day they'll have it on sale again Or a store around here and i'll have the money for it

but I added it to the cart just to see how much it was going to be and it was like around 235 bucks then my mom said Yes they do take money orders from my "i'm sure they don't take money orders" Comment she just had to rub it in some more lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.