• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Kitty love... of treats

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
So I was gone a few days and while I travel the cat always stays behind (she gets car sick). Of course when I come back I always have a shadow. Of course, I'm not sure if she loves me or the food I give her more.

This is how her cat treats go missing. She's learned to open doors and climb on top of counters to reach these things and stash them.

pinkdagger

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Michelle
:roflmao: That is so cute!

We used to keep our treats in a small drawer pushed up against the wall, but my boyfriend's cat quickly learned to pull it away, open the drawer, and bite open the bag. Twice now we've woken up with treats ALL over the living room and bags with puncture holes all over. Now the treats are kept in human-only accessible areas in the top kitchen cupboard. The last thing we want is for him to gorge on them himself and yark all over!

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
:heart: Smart one ya got there...

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
:roflmao: That is so cute!

We used to keep our treats in a small drawer pushed up against the wall, but my boyfriend's cat quickly learned to pull it away, open the drawer, and bite open the bag. Twice now we've woken up with treats ALL over the living room and bags with puncture holes all over. Now the treats are kept in human-only accessible areas in the top kitchen cupboard. The last thing we want is for him to gorge on them himself and yark all over!
Lucky that works for you. I tried inside my kitchen cupboards up top. She's figured out how to jump on top of my counter, fridge, and then from the space on the top of cupboards to the ceiling as she uses her paws on the counter doors below. I was speechless watching this...

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
When they want their treats, they can be quite innovative. I had a cat who learned how to open the freezer at the top of the refrigerator by jumping up on the top of the unit and pushing at the door. We would come home to find the frozen food on the floor and the ice cream eaten.