• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Kita laid an egg and now she can't perch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

crzybrdldy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Patty
Dianne just checking in, so glad to hear all is well with Miss Kita and Miss Anna. :hug8:

Ziggymon

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
:hug8: So very happy to hear the good news!:hug8:

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Thank you everybody!:heart::heart:

Kita is back to her old antics and seems to be feeling great!!!!:dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am so glad that she is doing well!

Matt

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I can't believe I am posting this ..... Kita had a recheck of her CBC Friday. Her WBC's were 127,000. We were given Baytril to give for 14 days.

The Vet mentioned that she is suspicious of an encapsulated granuloma and would need to do an Xray but did not have time to do it while we were there on Friday. It is scheduled for July 13.

Just briefly, it was a very disappointing appointment, and no other tests were done due to lack of time and staff at the Vet's office being busy, I left with no answers and just scared to death!

The main blessing is that Kita seems to be just fine! She is playful, eating good, no weight loss, no fluffing, nothing bad.... and when her WBC's were 85,000 she was SICK so I have a hard time understanding how her WBC's can be 127,000 and she shows no sign of being sick......

Anyway....we are taking her to another Avian Vet for a second opinion. He is further away but highly recommended.....
Our appointment is tomorrow at 1pm.... we will leave around 9:30....

I am so mentally exhausted from all of the "what if's, I am really just asking for lots of prayers, white light and good thoughts.

I am at work today and won't have time to check in much, but know that I really appreciate any prayers and good thoughts sent our way! :heart:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I'm so sorry for this possible setback, Dianne. I'm glad you're taking her for a second opinion especially since she is not showing any symptoms. :hug8:

lzver

Real Name
Laura
Sends lots of hugs and positive thoughts yours and Kita's way :hug8: I hope you get better answers at the other vet tomorrow. Will be thinking of both of you.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
many positive energies and prayers on the way!!!

ArloDuncan

Real Name
Steve
Dianne I'm glad your getting a second opinion at the very least re- run the WBC something does seem off there especially with Kita seeming so well. But all my best wishes and prayers to you and Kita!:hug8:

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
sending you CALMING ENERGY....sending POSITIVE ENERYG for Kita! have a safe trip also.....Good choice on the 2nd opinion!!!!! Can you get the paper work from 1st vet...I would be asking for it...you paid for it!:hug8::heart:

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
The new vet (the one we have never seen yet) just called me to see how Kita is doing today.... He will get her records and told me the same thing.... Stay calm.... He hopes to get to the bottom of things tomorrow...
I am feeling so much better now....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Like the "new" vet ALREADY!!!! That is great he would call even BEFORE seeing her and let you know he will get the records!!!! He is on the Ball and cares!:hug8::heart:

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
The new vet (the one we have never seen yet) just called me to see how Kita is doing today.... He will get her records and told me the same thing.... Stay calm.... He hopes to get to the bottom of things tomorrow...
I am feeling so much better now...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk
I am impressed with your new vets response, Dianne, lot's of loving prayers from our house as you know for your sweet Kita. :heart:

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Yep... the brand new Vet.....

I really feel good....

I still feel like I did Friday, if she is sick then lets get going with getting her better....I think this new Vet feels the same way!!!!

I am feeling so much better !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.