• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Kita flung herself off of her ATOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Glad kita is ok Dianne..I know what you mean about them being like kids....same for Hiram.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez

Her clip should be grown out by now (since June) but she went towards the short wall (<10 ft) so that may be why, it may have freaked her when she saw the wall .....
Does it look like she has flight feathers? 6 months isnt enough time to grow out all of her feathers. Maybe or two but not all.

I remember when Moby (U2) came to me with 10 primaries butchered. He would thud like a rock. He is now just shy of being fully flighted, he still needs 3 on each wing to grow out. And I've had him over a year. He can now hop/flap/fly 5ft across the room to another playstand or to the couch, but not true flight yet. But does have a more controlled glide now too. But boy when he first came here.. :( One of my U2s, Louie, broke his breast bone in 3 different spots (will never fly again due to the break) in his previous home when he crashed. :(

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Glad Kita is okay!:D
BF what all is in your emergency kit?
My kit is in my 10 gal fish tank with heating pad...
Cayenne Pepper
Needle nose pliers
towels
syringes/thermometer
different size of tape/cotton
Q tips
tweezers
scissors
Magnifing glass
nail clippers/files
wood pieces for the birds to "bite" on while you check them over
Wire cutters
small pin light
OK here is the "sticky" from the 911 section on what you should have on hand and where YOU know it is!
http://forums.avianavenue.com/bird-emergency-highway-911/138-emergency-first-aid-kit.html

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I have to say that I don't know a thing about which feathers are cut when they are clipped so maybe as they grow back out she will not "thud" again.....
I love your 1st Aid Kit BF.... mine is not nearly this complete!!! I do take mine in thecar if I am traveling with the birds and I keep 2 pillow cases just in case I need to put them in one.....

Status
Not open for further replies.