• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Kismet

pinkdagger

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Michelle
After 12 years of owning birds (and for a short period, turtles and fish), I moved out and was able to get a cat of my own. After months of searching nearby and not-so-nearby rescues, I came across a posting for a family of cats who were losing their foster home within the next 3 weeks.

I applied, had a phone interview, and went for a visit, carrier in hand as per the coordinator's instructions. The kittens had turned 1 year old just a week earlier. 2 of the "babies" were rambunctious and just tearing around, sniffing and rubbing up against us. Mom was calm and just watched from the sidelines. The runt was hidden under a dresser, peering out occasionally and really wanting to play but so painfully shy. Another baby was so terrified that he stayed in the cat tower hole the entire time. These cats were born into foster care and stayed there for a YEAR, and three of them are still there now with their mom! Their blue and tabby siblings were adopted immediately. The ones that remained? The black, and black and white cats. So sad that people would overlook these little ones. We came home with the shy little runt, a smoke tabby! (I actually fell in love with what makes it look like she has eyebrows :lol: )

Her picture on the website

After about 14 hours in her new home, she finally came out of hiding

SUPER curious about the birds

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Thank you for rescuing them. Myself, I love black cats.

pinkdagger

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Michelle
Thanks! :D I think all of my future pets will be "rescues" as well. It just seems like a better route and I'm not breed-loyal or specific enough to go in looking for anything in particular other than a good companion!

I don't get why black cats aren't more adoptable... you can't argue they'll get fur all over clothes. I think black clothes are more common than white clothes anyway. ;) And how many people in the world still think they're "bad luck"?