• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

King's medium aluminum carriers back in stock January 2017!!!

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
I think I will be going for the large but trying to find a good deal in Canadian$$$ as exchange is so high now.

SallyQZ

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
Yippee!!!!!! I've been waiting for these cages to come back in stock for over two years now! I bought two of them when we moved from CA to TX. They were fantastic, (easy to carry, easy to get birds in and out of, easy to feed, easy to clean) and I regretted not buying four of them. Yes, they are $$$$$ but I think they are worth every penny. And now I have a matching set! Or, I will when they arrive.
:bliss:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I HAVE BOXES!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor @SamatranTiger's been having so many problems with her King's carrier! First they sent the wrong size, now the front is dented, missing screws, and the bowl rings are rusted! King's really has terrible customer service, she's emailed them multiple times with no response!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's really too bad that she is having so many issues. From what others have posted here and elsewhere King's does not have very good customer service. Hope she can get the issues resolved. Probably best to give them a call and perhaps contact the Better Business Bureau or whatever place you have in Canada that assists consumers. I wonder if Bonkabirdtoys has the newer model.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I got all of my carriers through a third party that carried the carried them - and reading this, I'm happy I did so.

And what is the point of going away from the plastic bowls, if they won't use aluminum or stainless?

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Poor @SamatranTiger's been having so many problems with her King's carrier! First they sent the wrong size, now the front is dented, missing screws, and the bowl rings are rusted! King's really has terrible customer service, she's emailed them multiple times with no response!
Tell her to call them. I called and received answers (we put my rings in upside down, but there were no instructions).

@Shade is the metal ring and bowls not aluminum or stainless then?

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
The feeder doors and cups are advertised as stainless steel...you would assume the cup rings would be the same (?)

SamatranTiger

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I got all of my carriers through a third party that carried the carried them - and reading this, I'm happy I did so.

And what is the point of going away from the plastic bowls, if they won't use aluminum or stainless?
Tell her to call them. I called and received answers (we put my rings in upside down, but there were no instructions).

@Shade is the metal ring and bowls not aluminum or stainless then?
The feeder doors and cups are advertised as stainless steel...you would assume the cup rings would be the same (?)
I didn't buy directly from King's Cages either (bought my carrier through Bonka Bird Toys) but was able to resolve the problems with my carrier directly through King's who sent me a new front/door panel and bowls/rings. And I agree about the bowls; It's pointless to replace the plastic with stainless if it's not stainless in its entirety or aluminum.

@Clueless & @Lwalker, the bowl rings are NOT stainless steel. Mine came rusted and so they're more than likely nickel plated which is why I will not be using them. I have stainless bowls w/stainless rings I'll be using instead.

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
@Clueless & @Lwalker, the bowl rings are NOT stainless steel. Mine came rusted and so they're more than likely nickel plated which is why I will not be using them. I have stainless bowls w/stainless rings I'll be using instead.
That is disappointing!

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I didn't buy directly from King's Cages either (bought my carrier through Bonka Bird Toys) but was able to resolve the problems with my carrier directly through King's who sent me a new front/door panel and bowls/rings. And I agree about the bowls; It's pointless to replace the plastic with stainless if it's not stainless in its entirety or aluminum.

Well that's disgusting!

Where did you get them at because I'll be needing them also....