1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

King's Cages Foraging Stations

Discussion in 'Enrichment and Foraging Park' started by juliashmulia, 9/13/18.

1. juliashmulia

juliashmulia Jogging around the block Avenue Veteran

Julia
    Click here to see: Foraging Enrichment Stations

I just stumbled upon these and am intrigued. I can't seem to find any pictures or info on them online...Wondering if anyone has one and what they're like/if you would recommend them. Are they worth the price? Do your birds like them, etc.? TIA.

iamwhoiam and saroj12 like this.
  2. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor I Can't Stop Posting! BINGO CHAMPION

Shawna
    I honestly have never heard of them. They look like reptile or aquarium logs is all?

3. Laurul Feather Cat

Laurul Feather Cat Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Lois
    Even if they are developed for reptiles you could use them for birds if you removed the fake foliage and used those holes for enrichment as well. I know my budgies would love them. They are so curious about cage furniture!

4. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor I Can't Stop Posting! BINGO CHAMPION

Shawna

I think the foliage is just crinkle paper and stuff :)

Laurul Feather Cat likes this.
  5. javi

javi Jogging around the block Avenue Veteran

JAVI
    I just saw these for sale by a friend of mine at AFA. Lots of people were buying them. I only issue was them was how large they were. They are pretty neat though. Lots of room to perch and pull stuff out of. I just didn't get because they would take up too much space in my cage and I already have foraging stuff in there. But again lots of people were buying

6. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Audrey
    Are they actually made out of wood? I think 3 of my birds would like them. I might get one first to see what I think of it.

7. javi

javi Jogging around the block Avenue Veteran

JAVI
    Yea they are java wood.

8. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Those look interesting. How heavy were they @javi if you remember?

9. Peachfaced

Peachfaced Biking along the boulevard Moderator Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor

Sadie
    I'm hoping the holes are large enough that either a small bird could go through there, or the holes are small enough I wouldn't have to worry about someone getting stuck.

Mizzely likes this.
  10. Mizzely

Shawna
    They look like a resin or something in the photos! If they all look identical I would say they are molded meaning they probably can't be java. Interesting. Wish they had more info on their site!

11. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

saroj
    got free shipping, I needed millet!

Product ID Product Name Qty Price Subtotal
    [​IMG] M_California_Millet_5 California Millet 5 lbs 1 $31.99 $31.99
    [​IMG] Foraging Station X-LARGE Extra Large Foraging Station
    11-12"W - 6-7"H
    3.5 lbs 1 $49.95 $49.95

roxynoodle and Peachfaced like this.
  12. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

saroj
    did they all look the same @javi?

13. lexalayne

lexalayne Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

Alexa
    Thank you for the tip they look great. Just wondering how they attach to where they’re used. I’ll go back and read the description.

Ah bolts on the back - good

14. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Audrey

Please let us know your thoughts when you receive it :)

saroj12 likes this.
  15. Mizzely

Shawna
    King's emailed me back to let me know they are made of Java wood

16. roxynoodle

Audrey
    Excellent. I'll be ordering one soon then for Oobie and if I'm pleased then I believe Merlin and Rowdy would like them as well. It might take Merlin a bit to figure out what to do with it, but I'm pretty sure she would enjoy it as well.

Pete will likely be scared half to death from it and never go near it.

17. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

18. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    stations.jpg There are photos in the Bird Talk Magazine I just got. If you don't have that I will take some and post here.

Last edited: 9/15/18
  19. roxynoodle

Audrey
    I think I came back to the forum at a really good time! Yesterday I got to stock up on $9 boings for Oobie the Grey chainsaw from the Bonka sale, and now I get to see these nifty things.

rockoko and Lady Jane like this.
  20. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    Nothing is a small size yet.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)