• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

King's Aluminum carrier

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I have 2 medium carriers. I thought I had issues with the bowls but hubby figured it out. They're not as easy to sit in there as i would like, but they work. I love using the cages to give the zons a bath outside in the sun. Of course, the rings rusted that hold the bowls but hey, those can be replaced.

A grate and a tray is nice in my opinion.

I love having food bowls in the carrier. When I was kicked out of house during the remodel, my sister-in-law was able to change a dirty water bowl and did not get bit.

I have an old model small and the floor moved in that one. Also, it didn't have a grate.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I have the AA poquito with bowls so I'm not needing that but I agree its a perk!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have 2 medium carriers. I thought I had issues with the bowls but hubby figured it out. They're not as easy to sit in there as i would like, but they work. I love using the cages to give the zons a bath outside in the sun. Of course, the rings rusted that hold the bowls but hey, those can be replaced.

A grate and a tray is nice in my opinion.

I love having food bowls in the carrier. When I was kicked out of house during the remodel, my sister-in-law was able to change a dirty water bowl and did not get bit.

I have an old model small and the floor moved in that one. Also, it didn't have a grate.

I remember you posting about the rusted rings. They can be replaced but they should not have rusted. King's should have replaced them for free.

BirdManDan

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dan
We have had several varieties but for quick traveling like vet visits I prefer the plastic cat and dog carriers with perches mounted inside but they are lacking if your are traveling for long trips or vacationing with the Fids then the larger cage-like ones are better. I have a storage room with about 20+ different cages for various things.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We have had several varieties but for quick traveling like vet visits I prefer the plastic cat and dog carriers with perches mounted inside but they are lacking if your are traveling for long trips or vacationing with the Fids then the larger cage-like ones are better. I have a storage room with about 20+ different cages for various things.
I have lots of cat/dog carriers and some wooden and mesh carriers which I don't use any more but have always been interested in the aluminum ones. Almost bought one when they had their pre-sale a few mos. ago. Considering buying one again. Wish I had $$ for more because I would like to use them to bring a few birds outside.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I just ordered the small for vets/ short outside sun time in all silver. 10 lbs is not bad
Hope its a good quality. I expect it to last a long time!

Could not justify extra $100 or so for medium or the extra 8 lbs...thats getting close to the poquito which I have already.

$144 & no tax with free shipping & I thru in a small bag of goldenobles so they shipped for free too!!! I saved $14 on the goldenfeast shipping I would have had to pay so the carrier actually cost me about $130...not counting the $2.60 rewards I'll get back on it!

Could not argue with that logic...:fairy2:

Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks like you got in before the sale ended. I decided to pass. I don't have the extra $$$ and I would rather have a medium because I have a range of bird sizes here.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Looks like you got in before the sale ended. I decided to pass. I don't have the extra $$$ and I would rather have a medium because I have a range of bird sizes here.
Wow Sale ended!!!
Guess I was the camel that broke the straw...

:fairy2:

It was still on at 3AM PCT I ordered just before then...LOL

I got a order # & total with Goldenfeast 23 oz was $154...

I hope I was not being too frivilous...$ is very tight!!!

I hope the quality is good...

I wanted the lightest one & small is 10 lbs & as much as I'd want to carry around.

I have the small plastic cat carriers but I want something portable for a short sunbath...

Last edited:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Did it end???? Seemed to still be on at 3AM PCT I ordered just before then...LOL

I love mine.....I bought 2 mediums as soon as they became available.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow Sale ended!!! It was still on at 3AM PCT I ordered just before then...LOL

Said it ended on 5/18 at midnight so somehow you still got in on the sale.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Said it ended on 5/18 at midnight so somehow you still got in on the sale.
WOW...I did not know...I kept checking back & sale as still on & last night I decided I better go for it!!!

Order went in 5/18 at 2 AM PST so guess they was slow to take it down...

Wait 5/18 midnight is tonight!!!! Checked & don;t see a sale now.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
5/18 midnight has passed. When it turns midnight tonight it will be 5/19.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
5/18 midnight has passed. When it turns midnight tonight it will be 5/19.

:omg: dyslexia??? Midnight is 12AM...you're right...guess it would better if it said 11:59PM.

Goodness midnight sounds late but its really early!!!!

Well as of 3AM or a little after the sale was still on. I actually thought it disappeared after I ordered but I checked again & it was still 15% off.

Kings said they process credit cards manually & they still have not sent me anything beyond my order # sent 2 AM last night with items ordered & price which is the sale price so they have to honor it...

1 - ATT1214 - ATT1214 Aluminum

Tiny Travel Cage
12"W x 14"D x 15"H: Color - Silver - $144.49

1 - F GF Goldenolbles - Goldenfeast Golden'obles

Size - 23 oz. ($9.64) - $9.64

Total: $154.13

Goldenfeast would have cost me $14 shipping so in actuality then I got the cage for $130...

Anyway guess I lucked out or I would not have bought it & saved $!!!

Last edited:

Doctress

Strolling the yard
Last is Sir Grady modeling the very inexpensive carrier from eBay.
What listing did you find this one under? I think it would be perfect for Smoky Blue. I’ve been looking for a travel cage for him. Taco the Amazon uses a 14 x 18 x 22 Top Wing travel cage, but apparently they were discontinued or no longer available.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Paradise/Caitec makes a nice clear polycarbonate travel carrier with SS door, comfy perch. Those are priced around $119 not a bad price they seem pretty secure.

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
What listing did you find this one under? I think it would be perfect for Smoky Blue. I’ve been looking for a travel cage for him. Taco the Amazon uses a 14 x 18 x 22 Top Wing travel cage, but apparently they were discontinued or no longer available.
I bought it a long time ago and it doesn't show up in my history. I see some like it if you use the search term pet carrier bird