• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures King parrots

Sulphy Too

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
I heard those major mitchells dont make that great pets . My bird is starting to become too demanding and now makes real angry squawks .That's usually when he goes for a time out.He is really spoilt to the point he does not want to eat his peas unless I hand feed him . And those peas have to be warm otherwise he doesnt want to et them and plays up .Luckily I bought some videos from the Bird Tricks mob out of Seattle to change his behaviour .He used to be such a quiet bird . Usually he makes noise when he wants to be fed or wants to picked up given attention . It's not like he is suffering from a shortage of attention being patted and playing with me .

Sulphy Too

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Usually people do things including bad things for money .The farmer was shooting the black Cockatoos because they were eating his apples . But the thing is that the black ones travel in small flocks unlike the sulphies in flocks of in the hundreds .There are poachers in Central and South America poaching macaws and selling the birds into the pet market in the US .By the time the birds get there up to half of them do not survive . That's why I like the guys at the Ara Project in Costa Rica protecting the scarlet and great green macaws .Hard to believe that there are only 50.000 scarlets and 1000 great green macaws left in the wild . The poachers only think of the money and don't think of the consequenses of what they are doing . The Ara Project people and volunteers release former pets and cofiscated birds into the wild in an attempt to prevent species extinction THE ARA PROJECT » How We Work