• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Kido creates a lot of noises when in the cage

manuelcalavera

Strolling the yard
Hello everyone,

Thanks to you guys, I am resolving all the "known" issues of "me", trying to raise an adorable companion.
This one is about Kido being sooooo excited all the time. As adorable as she gets (yup I think Kido is a she), sometimes I can't do my stuff because of her noise. She is out of her cage 3-4 hours a day, but the minute I put her in the cage, she starts whistling, screaming... I see the excitement she has for me (following me wherever I go in her cage and replying back to my voice all the time) butI get sad because I should go and focus on my work.

I wish I had a big house so I could handle things, but I live in an apartment and it's kinda hard to handle the noise.

Any advice about making her a little bit less noisy?

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Does Kido have a lot to occupy her? Toys, foraging opportunities, etc? She may simply be bored.

However, greys are generally vocal birds. My CAG Kamara is free range and can play and adventure all day, but she makes all manner of noise just out of sheer enjoyment.

manuelcalavera

Strolling the yard
Just want to tell you all that I realized that this is my problem which needs to be solved not Kido’s.

So it is okey if the Mods want to close the thread.

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Just want to tell you all that I realized that this is my problem which needs to be solved not Kido’s.

So it is okey if the Mods want to close the thread.
If the noise isn't causing any problems with your neighbors, you could try getting some of those foam ear plugs, for those times you need them.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Can you let Kido out of her cage more often?

manuelcalavera

Strolling the yard
If the noise isn't causing any problems with your neighbors, you could try getting some of those foam ear plugs, for those times you need them.
Actually the noise annoys the neighbors but what can I do? :|

Can you let Kido out of her cage more often?
I always try my best to have her out for more than 4-5 hours but sometimes it's not possible more than 2-3 hours.

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
hrafn in post #2 had the best idea! More toys and things to keep her occupied.

What do you provide?

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Check out the vendors here on the Avenue. Everything is quality made and totally birdie safe. I order toys from them regularly and have always been very pleased, as have my babies! Try a few different types of toys to see what she likes best. They each have their favorites that's for sure!

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
The toy suggestion is a great idea. Also, can you flock call back? Bella likes to know where I am all of the time so when I out of her sight and she screams, I tell her that it is ok, I am here. We do this a few times and then she stops.

simon777

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Iliel
Could you maybe get Kido interested in watching some of the kiddies Tv programs like playschool or sesame street where they have singing and dancing and bright colours and lots of talking to the viewers. Just a thought.