• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Kero’s story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Since he is now added to the inspiration award along with Shiro, it is time to share his story. :)

December last year I seen that Kero (’keet) had a droopy wing, we believe he got his wing stuck in the cage bars. He had got his wing stuck so bad that he sprained the wing, and snapped every single flight feather off on that wing, and had done so permanently (those flight feathers will never come back through). He won’t ever be able to fly again, he has half a wing (if that) and sadly it causes him to just plonk to the ground. I have him in his own cage, a smaller cage, but he is very much capable of getting around, he just climbs, I think he has realized that he can’t fly, as I haven’t seen him try to fly for quite some time now. Sad, but it isn’t stopping him, he is still as happy as larry and no different to any other ’keet.. he shows no signs at all that it bothers him. :heart:

Here is the best photo I could get to show what is left of his wing. (he isn’t tame so it is hard to get photos)

kero1.jpg

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Renae, I always find it amazing how resilient birds are. They adapt so well. Kero is quite an inspiration! :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.