• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Kari isn't feeling well...

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
I am sorry to read this. It takes so much out of them and you as well. I hope and pray she gets over this quickly.

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
sending many prayers your way dr O is a top notch vet as i'm sure you know we are lucky to have her in toledo

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Hoping everything works out poor little girl:bluhug:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Update on Kari and the gang...

Dr. O's comment at the stage we are at...she wants to spend some time with her before she passes. Dr. O would keep her if she didn't have her dogs. She said we aren't going to get much farther. Mostly supplemental care. She had a bit of bacteria still hanging around but when we dosed her again, she tanked. Thinks her body just needs a break. So watching her and giving supplements. Although I'm going to have to put her on the critical care train. Celebrex seemed to make her feel better. And almond butter is a nightly thing.

Julip *knock on wood* seems to be doing well although she doesn't want to come out of her cage now. If I reach in, she won't step up and grabs the bars with one foot. Hopefully getting the aviary built will help. Can't get it done soon enough (although I broke my toe a few days ago and will have to dig the drainage trench with a trowel on my butt).

And of course...Boober and Maui tussled. Boober bit her wing pit just right and slightly fractured her wing. She had to stay in a carrier for 14 days but she is zipping around like her normal self.

I might have missed posting Giggie also became egg bound. Dr. O had a hard time getting the egg to pass and worried it might have adhered to the wall. It did not but I think she now has nerve damage. She made sores all over...so she is being drugged to the hilt, celebrex, tramadol and gabapentin. I just started cbd oil... I know going off road here...but stressed at the moment worrying about her. If I collar her, she's miserable and can't be with Carlton. She handles the meds well (she metabolizes them really quickly) although she does not take them as well as Hachi (gosh I miss her).

Happy (gold cap) had his check up...beginning of heart disease but my boy is 19 now. Where does time go?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Sounds strange, but at one point Hank was not improving after a year or so of treating him, (actually going downhill) and I just stopped all meds for awhile. Miracle of miracles he got much better and was able to go back on meds without detrimental effects. I don't know how or why, but it happened and I think it saved his life for a few more years.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
You do so much for your flock. You're an inspiration. Sending good thoughts to all of you.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Sounds strange, but at one point Hank was not improving after a year or so of treating him, (actually going downhill) and I just stopped all meds for awhile. Miracle of miracles he got much better and was able to go back on meds without detrimental effects. I don't know how or why, but it happened and I think it saved his life for a few more years.
Hmm, that's kind of where we hit I think. But she does respond to the celebrex/oncior shots and fluids.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
You do so much for your flock. You're an inspiration. Sending good thoughts to all of you.
I think it's more like a roller coaster ride at this point. Hang on and hope you make it to the bottom...

thank you :heart:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You have your hands full. It's good that Celebrex is helping Kari feel a little better. Sending positive thoughts for her as well as the other birds. Sorry about your broken toe. Hope you heal quickly. Your a wonderful bird mom and they are very lucky to have you in their lives.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
You have your hands full. It's good that Celebrex is helping Kari feel a little better. Sending positive thoughts for her as well as the other birds. Sorry about your broken toe. Hope you heal quickly. Your a wonderful bird mom and they are very lucky to have you in their lives.
:hug8:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
...as always, sending good vibes to you and your wonderful flock...:hug8: :hug8: :hug8: