• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just wondering .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.Thomas

Strolling the yard
Im new so this maybe in the wrong section…

I was wondering how many of you Guys/Gals have dedicated bank accounts for your parrots.

I personally have one just for them. ( For everything from vet visits to toy runs to just in case something happens to me. ) I want them to be cared for to MY standards when Im gone.

I also have them listed in my will ( Seven pages just for the birds LOL )

So I was wondering if anyone else did or does the same or if Im just a nut case.

Last edited:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Im new so this maybe in the wrong section…

I was wondering how many of you Guys/Gals have dedicated bank accounts for your parrots.

I personal have one just for them. ( For everything from vet vists to toy runs to just in case something happens to me. ) I want them to be cared for to MY standards when Im gone.

I also have them listed in my will ( Seven pages just for the birds LOL )

So I was wondering if anyone else did or does the same or if Im just a nut case.
You are not a nut case; you are a thoughtful, responsible owner. I wish I had the resources to do as you have done, but at this point, I don't. Of course, part of my problem is that I ended up taking in unwanted birds that I never had any intention of getting for myself (I never would have had a B&G, but I was asked to take her by her previous owners). I felt that she would be better off with me than in the classifieds, but that doesn't mean my home is an ideal one. It's not... It's just a safe haven for those who would have gone god-knows-where-else without it....

Ziggymon

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
Holiday, the respect and understanding for your birds that is evident in each of your posts is proof that yours is one of the very best home in which a bird can find refuge.

To the OP - what you are doing is indeed a responsible thing to do. What I have at the time of my death will go toward the care of the animals who survive me. It is a worry, though, especially with respect to the birds - there are too many animals in need of homes and too few reliable homes.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have a savings account just for them as well,and its only for medical things. My own account is where I take money out for food and toys.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I don't have the resources either but I do have in my will who they will go to...Ithink that is incredibly responsible..you are not a nut case at all.

k9nurse

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Amanda Oswald
I don't have a separate bank account for them but they are in my will, as all of my animals are. They are also listed on my life insurance policy. My animals get 1/3 of it.

I agree that this is a responsible way to be. Let's face it, most of our fids will outlive us. It should go without saying that we should all be looking to make sure they are taken care of, even if we are no longer here to do it (an awful thought but a realistic one). Kudos to all who have the forethought to make such arrangements!

~Amanda

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Holiday, the respect and understanding for your birds that is evident in each of your posts is proof that yours is one of the very best home in which a bird can find refuge.
:hug8:

J.Thomas

Strolling the yard
I never thought of adding them to my life insurance. What a wonderful idea. I am going to call first thing in the morning. I have been researching health insurance for the birds as well. I have seen a few sites but nothing that has made me pull the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.