• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just wanna get it out, because I feel awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

quakingcanopy

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
Aw! See!!! I'm so glad that you guys found each other. That connection is such an amazing thing and can take you far! More willingness, more forgiveness, patience, less fear, anxiety, hostility etc. I though that I had broke Chili's trust when I started putting her in a sleeping cage. It only took one day to get it back...doing exactly what you did...I sat on the floor in front of her cage and just talked to her. She came down to my level by the end of the day. That instant connection is miraculous and glorious!
Aww :heart::heart::heart:

southernbirds

I think you have gotten excellent advice. I just want to commend you pn your patience and the ability to see beyond the immediate bird behavior. I'm sure that in time you will be reading your bird's body language and he will become more settled in to you.

all4stvoyager

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sara
Since I wasn't forcing Chili to step up, I had the opportunity to watch her body language. It was funny cause when she was ready to step up onto my bare arm for the first time, she pulled my finger over and under her so she could step up. Previously I had been kind of scared of her because she was a "biter" and a female ekkie...an adult one at that.

She has never bitten me. She has bitten everyone else. In fact, when I tried handing her off to my friend, who is used to birds, she got bit... :eek: The reason I am rambling about this is I just want to remind you that if you can avoid the first bite, that would be best :) He'll let you know what is ok and not. If he doesn't get forced to bite, he wont. Generally speaking, of course :)

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Yay!!!

I know when my vet towels my guys, she gives them the towel after to get mad at.
They attack the towel, thinking it was the towel, not the people :lol:

Well, the greys, not the macaw, she is too smart

quakingcanopy

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
I'm gunna remember that trip when I have to do his nails!! Gunna wait a bit, but I know it has to be done. Let him hate the evil towel ;)

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Everything is gonna be fine, time, time, time....:hug8:
TAKE IT SLOW HUN dont try anything he will let you know when beleave me its the hardest thing to do nothing
but be there so he can see us but hands off i would stand talking to mango with my hand on side of cage where he could see it but didnt move it this is how i got him to come to me / it was slow very hard on my part
as i wanted to touch him..lol i kept telling my self i had a lifetime to touch himto hold him and now i do

it will all fall i to place hugsssssssssssss doll mango

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Glad you had a good day today.

Status