• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Just Received Your Email For Emma

Emma Girl

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello All.....THIS IS NOT URGENT. I AM IN WRONG PLACE.This is my first posting. I received an email this morning from Avian Avenue welcoming Emma Girl to your forum

Emma died on July 20th, 2018. She died alone in her cage. Not being there to help her die is harder to accept than her dying. I have had pets for 30 years. I know how to mourn death. I don't know how to get over not being there to be with her. She'd been sick so I was spending a lot of time home with her. She wanted to be out of the cage. I know what's left of the grief is attached to the sadness of not knowing how she died, and not being there.

Emma was a 12 year old peach faced love bird who didn't want my hands anywhere near her,( unless they were opening the cage door), but liked touching noses. She also liked being sung to during the day....…..Hello, Dolly, Some Enchanted Evening, Bloody Mary and Shall We Dance! This is true…she also liked ELO. I read if you sing the same songs over and over to your bird, they will get to know them and enjoy them more. In the evening, there was a bedtime song as the cage was being covered. It has been over three months since Emma died, and I am glad I can finally think of her without crying.

Emma (is really a boy, but does not know it. Something like being adopted.........one day you're Irish, the next you're Italian; one day you're making Irish soda bread, the next, Biscotti.) For her first four years, Emma had a soul mate, Earl. They were 6 month old rescues. I saw a sign on a mailbox, “Lovebirds, must go!!” When Earl died of epilepsy, I was afraid Emma might get depressed. I bought a fluffy toy to hang next to her at night to sleep next to. The first day she was alone she discovered she had a voice.

Thank you for letting me write this here. It's good for Emma and for me to tell you this story. If I have done anything against the forum rules, pleas,e somebody, let me know.Nice to be here among like minded people.REllen

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So very sorry for your loss of Emma and also your loss of Earl.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I'm sorry she's gone and you feel bad you weren't there for her but sounds like you had no clue she was having any issues IF she was. :sadhug:You can probably have a mod move this to the right place if you ask.

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
I'm so sorry to hear about Emma. It is very hard to lose a loved pet and you couldn't be there to comfort them. You gave him a home when he needed one and I'm sure he knew he was loved and cared for. Glad the grief has lessened for you, but cry as long as you feel like. I had a horse that I couldn't talk about withou crying for ten years. Now he's a beautiful memory that I can smile about

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I'm so sorry for your loss of Emma.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Welcome :) I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Emma and also Earl. :sadhug2:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
They fly into our hearts and leave feather dust on our souls forever..
I'm so sorry for your loss of Emma.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for your loss of Emma.
:sadhug2:

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
I am so sorry for your loss.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month