• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just heard about these little guys!

LSA

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Leslie
(she is a chihuahua mix.....just don`t tell her that......she thinks she is a great dane).
My little budgie JoJo thinks he's bigger than a condor!! HAHA

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I would give them areas to hang out and think bird thoughts when they are out while you're home if they are mostly trustworthy doing their own thing. Nerd used to run down to my kitchen chair seat to have quiet time and think Nerd thoughts many days right after I let him out for the day. He had claimed my chair, my area of the kitchen table, and his play stand as his own areas and would somewhat defend them. If my sister got too close for his liking he'd thump her leg or pinch her.
When he was ready to hang out with me and get scritches he'd go up on his cage or stand or walk to my room to find me and demand daddy time. You'll work something out with each other when the time comes.

pegwillen

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
D.
I have a male budgie, a female cockatiel, and a female maxi pi....they are cage-free except when they decide to go to bed, and they sleep in the same cage....they have been a team for five years since the cockatiel joined the other two....if I could only have one, I would choose the cockatiel.

Attachments

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I have a male budgie, a female cockatiel, and a female maxi pi....they are cage-free except when they decide to go to bed, and they sleep in the same cage.
OMG! I'm very impressed!
I have a friend in Sweden that also have many budgies, (I think 15+) and 2 tiels. They all share a bird room, and they never fight. (but they don't share cage)
But she said to me that her male Maxi is terrified of her budgies and when they visit his cage he leaves. I think it's cute. :D

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Nerd bird hated small great flying birds but he also was my only bird in the flock forever so very impressive they all get along so well.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I have a male budgie, a female cockatiel, and a female maxi pi....they are cage-free except when they decide to go to bed, and they sleep in the same cage....they have been a team for five years since the cockatiel joined the other two....if I could only have one, I would choose the cockatiel.
Your Maxi is like look at me, I'm so majestic, in those shots :cool: