• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just had an awe moment with Sophie

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
We are heading into our first month on the 29th. She was sitting nearby on her cage door while I'm on the computer and flew to me landing on my shoulder! :omg:she is popping out of her shell and I LOVE her having confidence to do what she just did!

She proudly sits, happily beak grinding in between trying to preen my hair. :fairy:

She said hello for the first time tonight. She is so adorable, sweet and I love her to pieces!!!

20180716_202250.jpg

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Yay Sophie!! What incredible progress. She's such a beautiful 'too. :swoon:
What a fantastic change we have seen in the last two days. She flew last night to go to her Daddy on the couch. She is certainly been so very good. She has this week made sure I am up at 6 am after she heard her Daddy leave for work on morning. That was not fun. But hey, I got my housework done early! :)

Shes beautiful!!
Thank you. We are loving her for sure!

A Too snuggle is the best of the best. So happy Sophie is doing so well.
Yes, it's just hard to explain on the last two days. Happy, seeming to beak grind alot. Content to go in and out of her cage on her own. Able to fly to get to us if she wants. She's been very good with the new collar on too. She was having a hard time with the feather protector. She resorted to chewing her talons. With the collar like what we used with Jen, she can't get to her talons, chest, back. Only the feathers above it near her crop. She is taking to it well, it has been off tonight when she was on her playstand. She likes to eat her Harrison's moistened and wants me to hand feed her the pieces. She ate some sweet potato actually, she LOVES sweet potato and I am fine with that!

So we are working on getting her feathers to come in and will see how they progress. So far, great and happy she's here with us she is for sure different then Jenny but has a confidence that I am happy to see. She has a totally different personality than Jen. We knew that but she's very cute, and seems to be so happy the last two nights. She went back in her cage as I sit here. And she is grinding her beak with contentment. She's calm and not going nuts destroying the toys as she has with the collar, but really wanted to kill anything wood, rope, shredder the few days before when we first put the collar on. I am willing to bet the change feels good leaving them alone.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
She is so pretty! Great to hear she is coming along but I know I would have freaked out if she flew and landed on my shoulder! I think they call it the "Amazon jitters"... :D If Henry landed on my shoulder I'd be doin' the HOkey POkey!!! :rofl:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What a great update, she’s so precious!:heart::heart::heart:

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
:hug8:

:heart: to Sophie, what a sweetie :xflove:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
She’s workin’ you like a pro. :D

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Yup, love those too snuggles! My Freddy makes me cry, he's so cute and we love him to death! Enjoy every minute with her! Sweetheart she is!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
It always makes me so happy when a bird starts making that "leap of faith" to trust their people!

Way to go, Sophie! :thumbsup:

...and big congrats to you and your hubby, Claire...:)

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Yup, love those too snuggles! My Freddy makes me cry, he's so cute and we love him to death! Enjoy every minute with her! Sweetheart she is!
Thank you! She's absolutely now into our normal routine. It takes a few weeks to settle in and get to know each other. :heart:

It always makes me so happy when a bird starts making that "leap of faith" to trust their people!

Way to go, Sophie! :thumbsup:

...and big congrats to you and your hubby, Claire...:)
Thank you Bob. We are very much in love with her. She's really trusting of us and goes to both of us like Jenny did. Although, the Daddy guy gets the really snuggle time. It's what he did with Jen and now he's got his special Girl to hang with. I am the feeder, the caretaker, the slave. :coffeescreen:

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
:swoon: I'm loving this update!! I'm so glad she's doing so well. I love the sound of content break grinding. GREAT BIG HUGS to all three of you.
:gbh:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
She is so pretty! Great to hear she is coming along but I know I would have freaked out if she flew and landed on my shoulder! I think they call it the "Amazon jitters"... :D If Henry landed on my shoulder I'd be doin' the HOkey POkey!!! :rofl:
I have zero fear of any of my birds on my shoulder. Nobody here bites. I may get a warning nip from the Zons when they are displeased with having to go back into their cages but when you know them 100% you know each other, you know their triggers. Other than that, no fear. She has been on our shoulders even the day we met her at the rescue. ;)

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
:swoon: I'm loving this update!! I'm so glad she's doing so well. I love the sound of content break grinding. GREAT BIG HUGS to all three of you.
:gbh:
Thank you! :thankyou: I cannot even think that I was thinking early on that we almost didn't want another Too. But I knew in my heart we needed one and another Girl. :holiday1

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
That's wonderful!!