• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just flushed the most vile stuff out of Judy's sinuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Jen ask the vet if boric acid drops in the nares will help. This is what I do for Kari who has a single plugged nare... :hug8:

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
I am soo very sorry you are going thru this.. :sadhug: My dad still helps me with Mikey's flushes, I don't even want to imagine trying to do them by myself.. :sad4: Judy may be mad at you right now but she knows in her heart that her mommy loves her.. :hug8: Sending over many prayers and a hug for you.. :hug8:

Tangle Elf

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Hang in there Jen! I know this has been difficult for both you and Judy. Mary Lynn's post was uplifting. She has lots of experience and her Hank definitely was a happy bird during his illness. Just remember Judy is not feeling well and her behavior may have nothing to do with you. Keeping you both in my prayers. :hug8:
It's me. She loves my husband and whistles like crazy for him and other people. She also asks for scritches from him and other people. I know it's because of the meds, but it's definitely me. She's a very sweet bird, just tired of the fussing.

Jen ask the vet if boric acid drops in the nares will help. This is what I do for Kari who has a single plugged nare... :hug8:
I will ask about it. The idea of anything with the word acid in it sounds scary, but I'm pretty sure boric acid is one of the milder ones. Isn't that what's in borax?

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oh yes, the solution is very mild and is actually used for eye drops as well.

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
Pure saline drops can be helpful too, just 2-3 drops can really help keep things moistened and moving around. The nebulization will help too, although you should still do the flushes. With Milo we flushed his nose and then did the nebulization treatments so that all the crud was gone and the medicine could get to where it needed to be.

You may want to consider asking your vet about artificial tears when you nebulize, the fog can really irritate the eyes and the artificial tears will help protect them

Status
Not open for further replies.