• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just dreadful

Sofro

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Matilda
Today, while my sister was feeding the budgies with spray millet, Blue took fright at something and flew away. We live in a flat. We put the other budgies in the balcony so she could somehow hear their voices and come back. I am so sad and feeling dreadful.

oh Blue, do come back! :(

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry. You need to go out and search the neighborhood. Contact shelters and rescues, put lost ads up on parrot alert and other pet lost and found sites. put posters up in different places. Don't give up on her.

Budgiebonkers

aka Pandapaws23
Avenue Veteran
Play flock noises from youtube they usually dont go far if he hears a flock he will stay near get a mini speaker to play it louder

Sofro

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Matilda
Well, she hasn't come back yet. We are searching the neighborhood park which has a lot of trees. The rest of the budgies are in the balcony in their cage. Blue might somehow see and hear them. We are also putting up posters everywhere. But this morning, Sky and Coco were calling when a sparrow flock flew by. The flock were making lots of tittering sounds and they flew around and around our apartment. I don't know what to make of this.

KatMug

Meeting neighbors
Well, she hasn't come back yet. We are searching the neighborhood park which has a lot of trees. The rest of the budgies are in the balcony in their cage. Blue might somehow see and hear them. We are also putting up posters everywhere. But this morning, Sky and Coco were calling when a sparrow flock flew by. The flock were making lots of tittering sounds and they flew around and around our apartment. I don't know what to make of this.
In some cases budgies tend to adapt to sparrow flocks, so it might be because the flock is seeing if your budgies are in danger or something. Unless they are being threating. For now just bring the remaining budgies inside to be safe... I really hope you find blue, im sure he will come back to you!

Sofro

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Matilda
Sky is worried and sad about Blue. The two of them were mates. Coco is trying to comfort Sky. He taps Sky and then starts talking in a gentle voice as if he was comforting him.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Come home Blue:fingerscrossed:

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Sky is worried and sad about Blue. The two of them were mates. Coco is trying to comfort Sky. He taps Sky and then starts talking in a gentle voice as if he was comforting him.
This saddened my heart but shows the unity of a flock. I pray he comes home :hug8:

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh I'm so sorry and hope your baby returns safe and sound.

avieriley

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Just call me Avie (:
I'm so sorry Sofro. I'm praying for you. I might be half a world away from you, I don't know, but no matter what I hope your baby comes home. Much love.

Coelle

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nicole
I'm so sorry to hear about Blue; hope she finds her way home soon.

Send good thoughts your way.

:sadhug2:

Sofro

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Matilda
Thank you all of you, for your kind messages. I feel more supported now. My family don't think that she will come back but I am still hoping and hoping. Sky is being rather quiet and he doesn't take much interest in his cucumber, poor thing.

Sofro

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Matilda
No Blue. Oh, Blue, please please do come back !

Sofro

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Matilda
Just a little bit of good news: when I was carrying the cage outdoors in the morning, the budgies suddenly began calling and chirping and to my amazement, I heard another voice too and it was a budgie's voice, I think, not so far away and could it be Blue? But I couldn't see her if it was her.