• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just bought Avian Insect Liquidator

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Theyyyyyyyyyyyyy're baaaaack!!

TWR

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Pets Megastore : Avian Insect Liquidator Concentrate 500ml - US$40.58 [AU$51.20] discount medical supplies for pets

After I removed all the DE which had done an amazing job getting rid of cockroaches, there were a few months of no bugs. Then yesterday I smashed one and today when I went into the dark room one skittered away. Yucky things!
Interesting. So that stuff is safe enough to use on the birds (for mites) but also as a residual spray for cockroaches? I was going to see if is was available in Aus - but then I noticed you actually linked to an Aussie site

lamagdalena

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
diatomaceous earth
Thank you! How did you use it to protect against cockroaches? I was reading some info on it and they mentioned bed bugs so maybe that can include weevils? They also mentioned that it has to come in contact with their exoskeleton, that is the only way it works. Did you sprinkle the cockroaches?

Also they said the only way they have seen that it might be dangerous to mammals or birds is if we breathe in the dust. How did you help prevent that from happening?

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
DE works on all bugs with a chiton carapace. The sharp edges of the DE flakes literally cuts and tears into their exterior armor and all the viruses and bacterial looking to eat the bugs get into their soft parts and it is bye-bye bugs without any of the lethality of a bug spray (which are usually based on a nerve poison/toxin).

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
It can cause breathing problems when used indoors. We found two big dead roaches today in the birdroom! By it I mean de

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Pets Megastore : Avian Insect Liquidator Concentrate 500ml - US$40.58 [AU$51.20] discount medical supplies for pets

After I removed all the DE which had done an amazing job getting rid of cockroaches, there were a few months of no bugs. Then yesterday I smashed one and today when I went into the dark room one skittered away. Yucky things!

@saroj12 Did you purchase the AIL from Pets Megastore? Is there somewhere in the US to purchase this? I would think that shipping would be $$$ from Australia. I wanted to try the ready to use spray and Glamorous Gouldians has it for 17.00 but they are charging @ $10 for shipping. Know nothing about Glamorous Gouldians. The ready to use 100 ml spray is supposedly being discontinued.

I really miss Camicide.

Last edited:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
@saroj12 Did you purchase the AIL from Pets Megastore? Is there somewhere in the US to purchase this? I would think that shipping would be $$$ from Australia. I wanted to try the ready to use spray and Glamorous Gouldians has it for 17.00 but they are charging @ $10 for shipping. Know nothing about Glamorous Gouldians. The ready to use 100 ml spray is supposedly being discontinued.

I really miss Camicide.
Sorry I didn’t notice your post in time but you’re all set now!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Received the AIL yesterday along with the 2 free samples I chose.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Received the AIL yesterday along with the 2 free samples I chose.
there are ants in the bird room but none in the cages. And no roaches! I only lightly sprayed the wheels.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
there are ants in the bird room but none in the cages. And no roaches! I only lightly sprayed the wheels.
So it seems to be effective.
I'll mix it up tomorrow.