• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just bough BB a new cage!

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
I have a Kings Cages SLT4-2622 and have had it for at least 17 years with no problems at all that Cheddar calls home. BUT poor BB has been in a no name flight cage from the day he came home. While it's large a he seem OK with it I hate the thing. It is a MAJOR PITA to clean. Has no feeder doors or flight door. I can clean Cheddar cage in about an hour BUT BB's cage takes most of the day to clean. The biggest reason is the lack of seed guards. He poops all over the side and even the stand. So I started looking today on line and found a place about 2 hours drive that has the same cage as Cheddar is in, well it's been updated with better latches but looks the same and is laid out the same. So I called them and put in on my card and will drive and get it tomorrow! BB spends enough time in Cheddar's cage (eating Cheddar lunch!) so he'll know how to get around. And the flight cage will go in the dumpster. I am so happy and I got it at a great price!
Cheddar's on the left and BB old on the right. There's be 2 of the Nice Kings Cage by Monday morning!
Cushy Setup.jpg

Last edited:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Glad you found a cage like Cheddars. I hope BB likes it!

Maybe give the old cage a wash and donate it to a rescue? They might even be able to send someone or a volunteer to pick it up.

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
I would BUT one of the feeder doors is held on with zip ties and there's rust on the grate and the back. I was given to me and I used it with Riti and the BB so I've used it for 5+ years and it was only to be a short term cage but I kept putting off buying a new cage for BB and while cleaning yesterday I noticed how bad it had gotten. Plus you can but a flight cage like this for just over $100.00 so I think it's time to retire it.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I think it's still worth offering, as crappy as we might think of it, a rescue that get's a sudden surge of intake, hoarder situations or whathaveyou, they might find it useful, even if only for temp housings.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Some one might love the old cage for pet rats, canarie or finches, or sugar gliders . I really think it can be a blessing to someone .

I actually love these style cages.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Nice!!

Cali

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Janet
That room looks much too clean to have birds!! (wink) :loveit: lol

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
You have to start early on the training to get them to pick up after themselves. That hardest is getting them to clean the windows!