• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just arrived w 2 baby cockatiels

Cberry77

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christine Berry
I'm overjoyed I just got home w 2 3-4 month old baby tiels! My daughter Raychel her 2 tiels hatched out 2 baby's.She doesn't want to b like her mom an just fill her house w birds. So I get to handraise these guys one is promised to an autistic little boy,but the other is all mine! Name ideas? I need help pickin out a good name!

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Photos always help name birds.
:needpics:

Congratulations BTW, and great for your daughter promising a hand raised bird to that boy. Kudos to you and your daughter.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Photos will help us think of names for the one you will.keep. I know you are very excited in a good way.

AKahle6868

Strolling the yard
Photos are always appreciated and congrats on bringing home two precious babies (even though you are only keeping one)! I personally love winter type names this time of year, especially because we have so much snow here in upstate NY. Maybe something like Snow, Snowflake, Blizzard, Winter, or Noel or something more traditional such as Sam, Jamie, Charlie, or Alex.

Cberry77

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christine Berry
I haven't taken the time to learn how to post pics.Alright I'm going to try to figure this out.Im pretty Thrilled over their markings,one is all grey body w a all white head.Looks like a bald eagle.Raychel seems to think they should start yellowing an soon get the orange circles.I don't know if I agree. Thx to all AA w kind words,we rescue because that's what the need. Okay going to work on getting pics soon enough again thx
M

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
:cantwait::loveshower:
To the right of the post reply button is the upload a file button. Click it then click choose file, then select the picture to upload.
I'm sure you will manage it :)

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Congratulations!:starshower1:
I can’t wait for the pictures!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I haven't taken the time to learn how to post pics.Alright I'm going to try to figure this out.Im pretty Thrilled over their markings,one is all grey body w a all white head.Looks like a bald eagle.Raychel seems to think they should start yellowing an soon get the orange circles.I don't know if I agree. Thx to all AA w kind words,we rescue because that's what the need. Okay going to work on getting pics soon enough again thx
M
This thread explains how to post pictures: How To: Post a Picture / Video | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum .

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Wow - congratulations! Hope you will be able to post photos soon, they're so much fun! In the meantime, enjoy those babies!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats.

Cberry77

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christine Berry
Wait I think I finally had time to figure this out ,that was a pic of my fav Buddy! More pics soon

Cberry77

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christine Berry
Well here's 2 Yoshi a male is the first ,an Ava a female ,they were rescued together more pics coming

Cberry77

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christine Berry
The first is my granddaughters conure Petri a rescue,the second is Finn,also a rescue. No Zara that's buddy's pouty face.He didn't want his pic taken.He has a big personality! I'm trying for tweety my budgie,all6 budgies coming to a post near u!

Attachments

Last edited:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Buddy looks so much like my tiel Sunset. What cuties you have!:heart:

Cberry77

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christine Berry
Thx everyone I adore these birds more everyday. I'm very lucky my husband Ray married 27 yrs very happily,enjoys the birds an as long as I do all the work he contributes great Manzanita branches.we have one w plenty of branches w drilled holes to hide treats!A pic will come soon.Today lil Olly STEP UP,an up finger over finger,he is very smart.No fear of hands at all!