• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just a little over a week later...

Kenzie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kenzie
I just lost Noodle after she passed away from surgery Friday the 5th.
Waking up for work yesterday morning on Monday, I saw Frosty my other parakeet deceased at the bottom of his cage.

He had a beak overgrowth issue (rapid beak growing, had to clip it every 2-3 weeks) which I assume was because of something he may have had.

I got him from my pet store I work at. He came in, surrendered to us, in a tiny cage full of 12 other parakeet. The other parakeets were well preened, healthy looking. He, on the other hand, sat at the bottom of the cage, not moving and depressed looking. He had his tail plucked out and pin feathers all over. The others would pick at him, likely due to his abnormality of his overgrown beak. I took him home that night, in fear some grubby little kid would pick him and the guys already been through enough.

I got him a large cage to himself and a baby parakeet as a friend. He loved all of his toys. He was scared of me but I made sure to hand-feed him plenty of millet. I got him two more baby parakeet friends. The most recent two I got for him, the three of them were the best of buds. All singing in eachothers faces, preening eachother, resting together.

I will miss Frosty dearly..... it was so soon after my Noodle and on the same emotional day I would have to go pick up her cremated remains... That's plenty of heartbreak for me.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
So sorry for your losses.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So sorry. :sorrow:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´m deeply sorry for the loss of both birds.
Sounds like Frosty had a rough start to life, but I´m so glad you took him home and showed him was true love is ❤

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
So much sadness in such a short amount of time. I'm so very sorry for your losses. :sorrow:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
i am sorry for your loss

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
So sorry! Both Noodle and Frosty know they were loved.

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
I'm so sorry for your losses, especially one so quickly after another :(. At least you were able to give them a good and happy life, it sounds like Frosty was a lucky little birdie to have found such a good home.
Fly free, Frosty. I'm sure Noodle will be there waiting for him.

Kenzie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kenzie
Thank you all, I truly appreciate being able to receive love and sympathy here. I don't get it out in the real world over my birds.

harpersmom

Real Name
Ania
I just lost Noodle after she passed away from surgery Friday the 5th.
Waking up for work yesterday morning on Monday, I saw Frosty my other parakeet deceased at the bottom of his cage.

He had a beak overgrowth issue (rapid beak growing, had to clip it every 2-3 weeks) which I assume was because of something he may have had.

I got him from my pet store I work at. He came in, surrendered to us, in a tiny cage full of 12 other parakeet. The other parakeets were well preened, healthy looking. He, on the other hand, sat at the bottom of the cage, not moving and depressed looking. He had his tail plucked out and pin feathers all over. The others would pick at him, likely due to his abnormality of his overgrown beak. I took him home that night, in fear some grubby little kid would pick him and the guys already been through enough.

I got him a large cage to himself and a baby parakeet as a friend. He loved all of his toys. He was scared of me but I made sure to hand-feed him plenty of millet. I got him two more baby parakeet friends. The most recent two I got for him, the three of them were the best of buds. All singing in eachothers faces, preening eachother, resting together.

I will miss Frosty dearly..... it was so soon after my Noodle and on the same emotional day I would have to go pick up her cremated remains... That's plenty of heartbreak for me.
I’m so sorry :(

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I am so sorry for your losses.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I am sorry for your loss. Amazing how quickly they wiggle into our hearts.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I am so sorry for your loss of Noodle. :sadhug2:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
All losses are hard on the parronts, let alone the companion bird(s) of the lost one. I think the losses that hit us humans the hardest are the innocents who've been mistreated, injured, picked on or ignored. The ones we choose to bring home in hopes of saving them or giving them a chance at a better life or a safer, happier life until they cross Rainbow Bridge.

I understand that buying from a chain store or even a small shop helps the "mill production". But when you come across a small, weak, injured and picked on bird it is very hard to walk away. Which means you bring a little one home in hope of giving him a chance at life. Sometimes it works out and sometimes (more often than not) it doesn't.

But if some of us stupid, soft hearted bird lovers don't take that risk, who will? And who will save the little picked on loner that the store doesn't give a hoot about?

I'm sorry you lost your little ones, for parronts the size of the bird has nothing to do with its value.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for your loss, how hard to have this happen right in the heels of Noodle.
:sadhug2:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
So sorry to hear this :sad6: