• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures June Bird-day Boy #3

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Who could that be?

zack 6-19b.jpg

He's a bit shy and he's hiding.

zack 6-19c.jpg

It's Zack!

zack 6-19a.jpg

I'm ready for my close up now. This is my better side!

Zack didn't want to come out of the cage and I won't force him. Low battery warning on the camera so I didn't wait until he decided to come out which might have taken a LONG time. He really is shy and went through a major phobic stage for many years. The good thing is that he will come out at some point, does come over to me and lets me touch him. During his phobic period he wouldn't come out and would run away from me so I'm very happy that he finally came out of that. However he is still a little skittish so always have to be careful and ultra calm with him.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Happy bird day Zack! You’re adorable!❤❤❤

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Everyone had a small piece of vanilla cupcake today to celebrate all 3 bird-days.
Presents will be handed out later today once my camera battery is charged.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Happy Birthday Zack the beautiful! :bdayparty:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Happy Bird Day, Zack!

We understand about being a little shy...it's all right. ;)

Just to let you know...you're very handsome...:)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Not to be mean but Zack was a very ugly baby and he was also scrawny. He just had this look about him. I remember bringing the 3 boys to my mom's when they were babies. She thought all baby birds were ugly :( but she pointed to Zack and said that he was REALLY ugly. BTW, she did like the birds. Poor Zack. Didn't bother me the way he looked. He was just a baby and just Zack. Took the 3 baby boys to the vet and vet told me that Zack was exceptional and that he was going to be a very beautiful bird. I took what he said with a grain of salt but he was right. Zack was an ugly duckling who became a beautiful swan (red-bellied parrot). He also went from being a scrawny baby to being the biggest boy in the clutch. In fact, except for one of his older non-clutch brothers, he is the biggest boy.

What's funny is that this same vet predicted that Mulder and Scully would hatch on Valentine's Day and they did. So weird.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Happy belated bird day.

:hug8:

During his phobic period he wouldn't come out and would run away from me..
This has happened with Bitty once he hooked up with Maui...it makes me sad when he runs scared...I feel like I did something to break his trust...sigh

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Happy belated bird day.

:hug8:

This has happened with Bitty once he hooked up with Maui...it makes me sad when he runs scared...I feel like I did something to break his trust...sigh

Sorry that Bitty acts like this. I had read about it before I started breeding red-bellies so thought it could happen but didn't think it would. It's weird how it happened. They would act as if they didn't recognize me and they wanted nothing to do with me. Mulder and Scully were the first and I was just playing with them when suddenly they stared at me, screamed and ran away. I did nothing to scare them and I wasn't wearing anything that they hadn't seen in the past. I thought maybe the dog had scared them but it was just me. At least every one of my birds who went through this phobia thing came out of it.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Zack says, "Thanks everyone for your wonderful bird-day wishes!"

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Happy Bird-Day Zach. What a lovely little birthday flock you have @iamwhoiam :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The boys have no issues hanging out with one another outside of their cages. The girls, though, start chasing each other and fighting.

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
:birthday:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Happy belated Birthday Zack! :bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle:
Took the 3 baby boys to the vet and vet told me that Zack was exceptional and that he was going to be a very beautiful bird.
And she sure was right about that. ♥
What's funny is that this same vet predicted that Mulder and Scully would hatch on Valentine's Day and they did. So weird.
This really feels like a little bit X-Files. I hope the Truth Is Out There. :D

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Happy belated Birthday Zack! :bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle:

And she sure was right about that. ♥

This really feels like a little bit X-Files. I hope the Truth Is Out There. :D

:laugh: That vet knew his birds. It's too bad the practice started changing and not for the best. I was told that the vet/owner does not come into the office that much any more. However, I do like the vet the birds go to now.