1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures June Bird-day Boy #3

Discussion in 'Celebration Street' started by iamwhoiam, 6/11/19.

1. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Who could that be?

zack 6-19b.jpg

He's a bit shy and he's hiding.

zack 6-19c.jpg

It's Zack!

zack 6-19a.jpg

I'm ready for my close up now. This is my better side!

Zack didn't want to come out of the cage and I won't force him. Low battery warning on the camera so I didn't wait until he decided to come out which might have taken a LONG time. He really is shy and went through a major phobic stage for many years. The good thing is that he will come out at some point, does come over to me and lets me touch him. During his phobic period he wouldn't come out and would run away from me so I'm very happy that he finally came out of that. However he is still a little skittish so always have to be careful and ultra calm with him.

Eloy, Lodah, Dona and 7 others like this.
  2. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

saroj
    Happy bird day Zack! You’re adorable!❤️❤️❤️

iamwhoiam likes this.
  3. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Everyone had a small piece of vanilla cupcake today to celebrate all 3 bird-days.
    Presents will be handed out later today once my camera battery is charged.

hrafn, Eloy, cassiesdad and 1 other person like this.
  4. rockoko

rockoko Squawk and Meow! Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Martine
    Happy Birthday Zack the beautiful! :bdayparty:

iamwhoiam likes this.
  5. cassiesdad

cassiesdad Ripping up the road Weather Authority Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Bob Weisman
    Happy Bird Day, Zack!

We understand about being a little shy...it's all right. ;)

Just to let you know...you're very handsome...:)

iamwhoiam likes this.
  6. iamwhoiam

Not to be mean but Zack was a very ugly baby and he was also scrawny. He just had this look about him. I remember bringing the 3 boys to my mom's when they were babies. She thought all baby birds were ugly :( but she pointed to Zack and said that he was REALLY ugly. BTW, she did like the birds. Poor Zack. Didn't bother me the way he looked. He was just a baby and just Zack. Took the 3 baby boys to the vet and vet told me that Zack was exceptional and that he was going to be a very beautiful bird. I took what he said with a grain of salt but he was right. Zack was an ugly duckling who became a beautiful swan (red-bellied parrot). He also went from being a scrawny baby to being the biggest boy in the clutch. In fact, except for one of his older non-clutch brothers, he is the biggest boy.

What's funny is that this same vet predicted that Mulder and Scully would hatch on Valentine's Day and they did. So weird.

Eloy, tka and rockoko like this.
  7. webchirp

webchirp Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Chandra
    Happy belated bird day.

:hug8:

This has happened with Bitty once he hooked up with Maui...it makes me sad when he runs scared...I feel like I did something to break his trust...sigh

Eloy and iamwhoiam like this.
  8. iamwhoiam

Sorry that Bitty acts like this. I had read about it before I started breeding red-bellies so thought it could happen but didn't think it would. It's weird how it happened. They would act as if they didn't recognize me and they wanted nothing to do with me. Mulder and Scully were the first and I was just playing with them when suddenly they stared at me, screamed and ran away. I did nothing to scare them and I wasn't wearing anything that they hadn't seen in the past. I thought maybe the dog had scared them but it was just me. At least every one of my birds who went through this phobia thing came out of it.

Eloy and webchirp like this.
  9. iamwhoiam

Zack says, "Thanks everyone for your wonderful bird-day wishes!"

Eloy and rockoko like this.
  10. fashionfobie

fashionfobie Rollerblading along the road

Natalie
    Happy Bird-Day Zach. What a lovely little birthday flock you have @iamwhoiam :)

iamwhoiam likes this.
  11. iamwhoiam

This is an old photo but here are 4 boys on a tree. Zack did not want to come out and join them.
    boys on a tree.jpg

hrafn, Eloy, fashionfobie and 2 others like this.
  12. rockoko

rockoko Squawk and Meow! Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Martine

So nice to see them all at once!

Eloy, fashionfobie and iamwhoiam like this.
  13. fashionfobie

fashionfobie Rollerblading along the road

Natalie
    That is so lovely :)

Eloy and iamwhoiam like this.
  14. iamwhoiam

The boys have no issues hanging out with one another outside of their cages. The girls, though, start chasing each other and fighting.

rockoko, Eloy and fashionfobie like this.
  15. Lodah

Lodah Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month

:birthday:

iamwhoiam likes this.
  16. Eloy

Eloy Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

J.T
    Happy belated Birthday Zack! :bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle::bdaycandle:
    And she sure was right about that. ♥
    This really feels like a little bit X-Files. I hope the Truth Is Out There. :D

rockoko, hrafn and iamwhoiam like this.
  17. iamwhoiam

:laugh: That vet knew his birds. It's too bad the practice started changing and not for the best. I was told that the vet/owner does not come into the office that much any more. However, I do like the vet the birds go to now.

Eloy likes this.
  18. hrafn

hrafn Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award

Happy bird-day, sweet Zack!! You're one big beautiful boy!

:starshower::bdayparty::starshower1:

fashionfobie, Eloy and iamwhoiam like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)