• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

(Journal) Working with Puffy - Fear/Aggression

Jaguar

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
We are going on our first road trip with Puffy tomorrow. Supposedly he has gone camping in the past, but who knows. Hope it goes well. The cage he has to stay in is pathetically small, but it's all I could find, and it's only for a few days. Hopefully we'll be able to find something bigger for all three of them and use the small cages just for transport. This trip could potentially be a disaster...

Jaguar

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
The trip was... well, alright. Puffy wasn't so great in the car and we had to cover him to calm him down. We also had to keep him in my mom's heated/insulated shed (for fish breeding tanks) because he was deafening us in the trailer. She and her boyfriend went in there and fed him a ton of walnuts so he was chuffed about that. I think next time we will try to have him boarded. The tiels were great as always. :wacky:

Jaguar

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
Puffy settled down awfully fast after the trip. He's back to pulling his toy around and mooching me for food, as usual. He's so easy to live with - quiet as a mouse now that he's beside me at my desk. I just have to share my snacks with him :xflove:

Jaguar

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
I'm giving Puffy the Loro next week. His new cage is too low, he's stressed out and moving less than ever. I feel really bad for him.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I don't understand your post. Could you explain a bit more?

Jaguar

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
I don't understand your post. Could you explain a bit more?
I posted in the wrong thread, that's why it's confusing. I am super duper scatterbrained lately

He had a medium Prevue corner cage, but it unfortunately the finish is starting to peel/chip. I got him an Avian Adventures Protege to replace it, which is really small for a quaker (24x22). I figured he'd be okay in it at least temporarily because he's a perch potato and is out pretty often - but he's been in it for a few weeks and really isn't settling down. It's too small (I knew that) but it's also pretty low to the ground and I think that's really preventing him from moving from anywhere but the highest perch. In the corner cage he'd at least move around a little. I am going to give him the Loro (30 x 24 and much taller) and the tiels can have the Protege to sleep in. I'll see how he does. It just takes up so much room it's hard to fit in the dining room, but his happiness comes first.