• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Joey "Lazy legs" CAG... Pics from my visit.

Bailey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bailey
What an adorable little guy! :heart:

Tinta

Avenue Veteran
Aw!
His pictures are fantastic. He's so cute!

lwis

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Leah
Thanks everyone! He is just the sweetest thing.
I am hoping, like some of you have said, that his plucking will stop or reduce once he is used to his limitations, and can replace the behavior with something more productive. I also hope he will play with toys or chew wood. His owners say that he has never really played with toys, as he was always out and about with them. But he has been known to chew their base boards....so I am thinking that he might appreciate some wood or shredding toys to chew on.... something to occupy his beak.

lwis

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Leah
When do you bring him home?
Mid July probably. The next month is going to be quite busy, so not the best time to bring home a new bird, especially a special needs one. His current owners are fine with whenever works for us, which is nice. They are great and very caring, so there is no immediate need to get him out of there any earlier.

Feather Mom

Real Name
Gretchen
Gives you time to get some stuff and ideas together for his homecoming. Very excited for you!

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I am glad you are taking him. Can you work with him? Very gently move the toes and feet, if it does not cause pain? Does the vet think this is due to an injury? I sounds like a spinal cord injury?

lwis

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Leah
I am glad you are taking him. Can you work with him? Very gently move the toes and feet, if it does not cause pain? Does the vet think this is due to an injury? I sounds like a spinal cord injury?
I will try to do some passive movements with him. Touching his feet and legs des not appear to cause pain. It is due to an injury. He was attacked by a hawk. I was told that the vet checked for a spinal cord injury but said it wasn't damaged ... But doctors of all sorts have been known to be wrong on their diagnosis sometimes.

lwis

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Leah
Holy cow! A hawk! He's lucky to be alive.
I know! I had assumed it was a dog, because the owners rescue many dogs from dog fighting rings....but no, a coopers hawk :omg:. I am really surprised he is in the shape that he is in.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
What a little sweetheart :heart:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
How is Joey doing?

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I'm just seeing this thread and :omg: he has totally won me over in those pics. I :heart: him :)