• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Jinka is ILL

Status
Not open for further replies.

susand

Jogging around the block
Real Name
susan
imo this is not an avian certified vet up to date with medications or testing. What did he mean they are negative for cbc?

A cause of this could be your water! Because it sounds to me like your cleaning the best you can - I would suggest not letting any of the birds together right now, because what 1 may have (and may not be showing symptoms) could be deadly to the next. Keep the baby warm, cover her cage back & 1 side with a warm blanket and if you have a heat lamp or something to help? The warmer she stays with your help the less she has to try to conjure up her own body heat. Also, I would give only distilled water - and I suggest not doing any personal or herbal treatment until all tests have been ran because even Apple Cider Vinegar can throw off a test.

We once fostered a bird that re-gured each time it ate. It had a stretched crop & had bacteria infections in the crop several times since the food would simply linger there. I personally wouldn't go blaming the breeder atm - Its very important to take any new bird to the vet with in 72 hours some breeders only give 2 days. But then youd have known the source if it had proper testing & queartine then .... thats neither here nor there now, but just for future references!!

pray for something stable to come of this & for a speedy recovery just remeber keeping her extra warm will help alot

Artistic Feathers

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jenn
Tiels are in the clear!!! :dance4:No idea what they had, other than infection. Jinka has not been in the bird room since september, which is where the teils are located with everyone else...

Whatever this is with Jinka, it is chronic. Because all the tests keep coming back negative...I hate to have her on atibiotics for soo long. Shez gained weight but she is still super weak and wants to be cuddled. She is still in an aquarium and I am trying to feed her everything she will eat...

I want another opinion and am skeptical about who to use. I've not had much luck with docters in MD. Between one telling me I have dirty living conditions and the other "accidentally" killing my baby by doing a blood draw...

My mother just took her for the free recheck on Saturday by the vet that has been treating her and he seems to think its chronic...

more of an update to come later...just wanted to give you a quickie ;) Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts. Please continue to think of us :heart:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

abbydp

Real Name
Tara
I am so sorry for your loss. Fly free little Jinka. You both fought a good fight.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Oh no, Jenn, I'm so very sorry. :(

tammie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tammie
Jenn I am so sorry to hear this. I thought she was improving and hopefully on the road to recovery.
I'm sending hugs and healing thoughts your way. You did all you could and more for little Jinka, she just couldn't handle being sick any longer. May she fly free.........

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I am deeply sorry for your loss. My heart is broken for you. I know how much you loved her and how hard you tried to get her better. May I suggest getting a necropsy done so you know what was wrong?

Ginger

Last edited:

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
Oh Jenn, I'm so very sorry :(

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Jenn, I am so very sorry for your loss. Know that you did everything you could for Jinka. She knows you loved her very much.
Fly free sweet Jinka, fly free.

southernbirds

Sad to hear about Jinka. You did everything you could for her.

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Jinka Died today :(
I'm very sorry. How terribly sad.
Have been reading this thread and wondering what on earth the outcome would be.
Will you ask for a necropsy?
It could explain many things.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I am so sorry.:(
HUGS to you:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Lovebird

Real Name
Kathy
Oh, how terribly sad. I am so sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.