• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Jealous females

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
Hi guys. so I kinda ended up with one male and three female finches. Zephyr didn't take much notice in snowdrop to start with but snowdrop still liked her anyway, but now that she does kind of like snowdrop the other finches are getting jealous, especially cloud! she chases zephyr around and pecks her and makes these warning kind of noises. Should i get more male finches so that they're all paired off? Is there anything else i should do? Maybe i should add that zephyr is a goldfinch.

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
Also i am actually planning to breed them, i have nest in there but... do females get jealous and kill other females babies or throw the eggs out???

Milestone

Sprinting down the street
I believe that they should all have a mate. Pairs do keep the peace. With the right amount of space they should also be peaceful.

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
I believe that they should all have a mate. Pairs do keep the peace. With the right amount of space they should also be peaceful.
ok, do i need a goldfinch mate for zephyr or leave her with snowdrop? can i fit two more finches in my aviary? as i am getting quails, a canary and hopefully a turquoisine

Milestone

I really don't know, it would be better I guess for another goldfinch. You might have to hold off from other birds if you are planning on more finches. But only you can really know.

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
I really don't know, it would be better I guess for another goldfinch. You might have to hold off from other birds if you are planning on more finches. But only you can really know.
yeah i don't know...

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
I'm very worried about my birds... i just don't know what to do.

Milestone

I think as long as there is a lack of mates they will fight.