• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Java's new activity cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Got a new travel cage for Java. It's the Midwest Wabbitat cage. I'll be using this for outside time, car trips, giving him his own space when we go into a different room, and hopefully, a sleep cage.
Needless to say, he is not impressed
20190220_114631.jpg 20190220_114658.jpg 20190220_115857.jpg 20190220_121436.jpg

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
He will adjust. I think it is a great idea to introduce him to different accommodations!

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm hoping with time, he'll learn not to be so fearful of new things. As soon as spring rolls around, I'll be taking him outside in this so I'm hoping he'll associate it with adventure and fun.

Tara81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara
Try putting the cage on top of your current cage and putting food in front of the door, eventually putting his favorite toys and food inside like a branch of millet :D Keep the door open until hes really comfortable in there

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Try putting the cage on top of your current cage and putting food in front of the door, eventually putting his favorite toys and food inside like a branch of millet :D Keep the door open until hes really comfortable in there
What I've been doing is setting it up every day and having it sit in the middle of the room so he can see it. Then, before bed, I collapse it and put it away. He's slowly getting to the point where he isn't freaking out if I move it (as long as I'm not moving it toward him). So, I'm hoping by mid-March, he'll be familiar with it enough to start using it since I intend to take him to Knoxville at the end of March. :)

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Great idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.