• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Java Wood play stands in Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snackies

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rebecca
Hi all.

I'm really looking for a place to buy a java wood tree play stand-type thing, like the awesome ones you see a lot of in america. I can't seem to find any in pet stores here, and I can't find any australian website that sell them. Does anyone know where I could find one? Or even an overseas website that ships to australia? (without costing an arm and a leg... haha) Or maybe something similar to the java wood ones. The only ones I can find are made of plastic and metal, not really a fan of them.

I'm looking for something like this;

javawood1.jpg javawood2.gif javawood3.jpg

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I don’t think you will find ones like them here in Australia unfortunately, and shipping will probably still cost a lot even if you get one from overseas, no matter where.

Unless someone knows of somewhere, and it isn’t overly expensive, I would love one or two too.

snackies

Real Name
Rebecca
I don’t think you will find ones like them here in Australia unfortunately, and shipping will probably still cost a lot even if you get one from overseas, no matter where.

Unless someone knows of somewhere, and it isn’t overly expensive, I would love one or two too.
Yeah true. ):

I really wish they sold them here, they’re so nice.

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Nope, none available in Aus - the shipping is very expensive as they're usually only able to make them into a couple of large parts and you need to get them sandblasted (to remove any bark).

Your best bet is to make one yourself from gumtree or bottlebrush branches :)

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Yeah true. ):

I really wish they sold them here, they’re so nice.
There is really no good stores that sell decent play stands, not like the play stands in America, and even hanging gyms. :(

The local bird store near me has a stand that looks kind of like this: http://manzanitawoods.com/photos/4ftcasters.jpg but they want frigging $230 for it! Birdsville in Sydney has some really nice stands (and there is one HUGE one), not sure if they ship, but when I was there recently, I spotted 5 stands I wish I could have gotten, they were really nice and big, not Budgie sized but big enough for Cockatiels, up to Amazons.

snackies

Real Name
Rebecca
Nope, none available in Aus - the shipping is very expensive as they're usually only able to make them into a couple of large parts and you need to get them sandblasted (to remove any bark).

Your best bet is to make one yourself from gumtree or bottlebrush branches :)
Bummer! ): Gumtree branches would be good though... there's always a lot of fallen ones near my house too lol, free play stand parts! n____n

Speaking of bottle brushes... have you ever tried giving them to your parrots? I was wondering if they were safe for non-native parrots?... my lorikeet used to love chewing on them. I thought maybe my conure would like a few in his cage, too.

snackies

Real Name
Rebecca

There is really no good stores that sell decent play stands, not like the play stands in America, and even hanging gyms. :(

The local bird store near me has a stand that looks kind of like this: http://manzanitawoods.com/photos/4ftcasters.jpg but they want frigging $230 for it! Birdsville in Sydney has some really nice stands (and there is one HUGE one), not sure if they ship, but when I was there recently, I spotted 5 stands I wish I could have gotten, they were really nice and big, not Budgie sized but big enough for Cockatiels, up to Amazons.
It sucks, doesn't it? haha. I've said it once and I'll say it again... I am so jealous of the amazing pet stores they have in america!

That stand is nice but $230 is a bit much. o____o

Alright, if I win lotto... I'mma open an awesome bird store that sells all the cool stuff we don't get here. :p

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Bummer! ): Gumtree branches would be good though... there's always a lot of fallen ones near my house too lol, free play stand parts! n____n

Speaking of bottle brushes... have you ever tried giving them to your parrots? I was wondering if they were safe for non-native parrots?... my lorikeet used to love chewing on them. I thought maybe my conure would like a few in his cage, too.
Anything a native parrot chews on is also safe for the exotics :) Bottlebrush is used overseas to make playstands too!

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
It sucks, doesn't it? haha. I've said it once and I'll say it again... I am so jealous of the amazing pet stores they have in america!

That stand is nice but $230 is a bit much. o____o

Alright, if I win lotto... I'mma open an awesome bird store that sells all the cool stuff we don't get here. :p
That price is actually pretty darn good for a stand that extensive! :laughing12:

Amberry

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amber
I know this is not exactly what you are looking for but there is a large sandblasted natural branch stand on Dicky Bird Toys that I have been looking at buying myself. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=150412125949Sorry I'm on my phone and not sure if that link will work :) she runs her store through eBay it is easy to find with a google search. Great service too, I have shopped with her before :)

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Any possibility of sourcing some local woods? Eucalyptus would be great! It's not too difficult to make one yourself.
Here are photos of a tabletop tree stand that we made years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.