• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Java Tabletops & Tree Stands on sale

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I would love one but I should probably save my money in case I have to take Amarillo in for that dreaded egg...

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope you don't have to take Amarillo in and all will be OK.
I would like another java stand with smaller diameter branches but I don't have the $$ right now.
Hopefully someone here can take advantage of the sale.

PudgyParrot

Moving in
Real Name
Gabby
I'm thinking about biting the bullet and purchasing this tabletop stand before the sale ends. The diameter of the perches is fairly large, a bit larger than I really want, but the layout of this gym is the best of what I've seen from their selection.

Do you think it'd work for a sun conure?

image.jpeg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm thinking about biting the bullet and purchasing this tabletop stand before the sale ends. The diameter of the perches is fairly large, a bit larger than I really want, but the layout of this gym is the best of what I've seen from their selection.

Do you think it'd work for a sun conure?

View attachment 250125

I routinely buy larger stuff for my birds to perch on. My quaker has several macaw size (1.5" ish) perches because he prefers it. It's good to have variation in sizes for perches anyways. IMO, it's better to go too big than too small for perches. That perch has a lot of horizontal space which would make it easier for him to use it also.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Hope you don't have to take Amarillo in and all will be OK.
I would like another java stand with smaller diameter branches but I don't have the $$ right now.
Hopefully someone here can take advantage of the sale.
Still no egg...I'm beginning to worry it might not be an egg they found.

On the playstand side of things, Jon bought me one! I just couldn't pass the sale up and sent it to him and he broke down! I think he feels bad for me because of my neck thing! LOL!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen

I routinely buy larger stuff for my birds to perch on. My quaker has several macaw size (1.5" ish) perches because he prefers it. It's good to have variation in sizes for perches anyways. IMO, it's better to go too big than too small for perches. That perch has a lot of horizontal space which would make it easier for him to use it also.

I agree! You can go to small on perch size but never too big!:)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@PudgyParrot That looks like a nice one.
@jmfleish Sorry about the egg. Nice of Jon to do that. Which one did you get?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Make sure that you got the 30% off by using the discount code SAVEBIG.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have one in my cart. Someone stop me. I already have a tabletop one but the diameter of the perches is very large and best for my Amazons or 'too who never likes to stay on stands and my other 'too is a "wuss" and is afraid of it.

Last edited:

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you both! He has a variety of perch diameters, I just wasn't sure if it was too big to be comfortable for him.

I decided to buy it. :bliss:

You can always call them, btw, and see if they can tell you the perch diameters.

PudgyParrot

Moving in
Real Name
Gabby
You can always call them, btw, and see if they can tell you the perch diameters.
I could've, but I didn't decide to order until around 8pm. But I'm not too worried about it.

I just got my shipping notification and it says it's supposed to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I could've, but I didn't decide to order until around 8pm. But I'm not too worried about it.

I just got my shipping notification and it says it's supposed to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait!

That's great. Fast shipping. Take photos and let us know what you think.

The one I was considering has 1/2" and 3/4" perches but mainly 1/2". I liked the spacing of the branches but not the diameter. I could wrap them with vet wrap to increase the thickness but I think I will pass. I wanted this for 'tiels, conures and Pois.

PudgyParrot

Moving in
Real Name
Gabby
That's great. Fast shipping. Take photos and let us know what you think.

The one I was considering has 1/2" and 3/4" perches but mainly 1/2". I liked the spacing of the branches but not the diameter. I could wrap them with vet wrap to increase the thickness but I think I will pass. I wanted this for 'tiels, conures and Pois.
I'll let you know how my little guy likes it. It took him a little while to warm up to the small tabletop Java stand he has currently, but now he uses it all the time.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is the one I was considering:

Branches just seem too small. I think only the bottom one is 3/4".

What do you think? Opinions??

Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

PudgyParrot

Moving in
Real Name
Gabby
This is the one I was considering:

Branches just seem too small. I think only the bottom one is 3/4".

What do you think? Opinions??
The top branch is really thin, which would be my only concern. I'd say if your birds tend to utilize and explore all available space on their current trees/gyms then go for it because you know they won't be sticking to just the thinner spots. But if they tend to stay on the higher perching spots, it might be best to pass on this particular tree, just due to the diameters of those top two branches.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The top branch is really thin, which would be my only concern. I'd say if your birds tend to utilize and explore all available space on their current trees/gyms then go for it because you know they won't be sticking to just the thinner spots. But if they tend to stay on the higher perching spots, it might be best to pass on this particular tree, just due to the diameters of those top two branches.

Agree. I decided to pass. If the diameter of the top branches were larger then I probably would have broke open the piggy bank. I hope that you are happy with the one you purchased. It looks like an excellent choice.