1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Java nearly gave me a heart attack!!!

Discussion in 'Behavior Byway' started by Brittany0208, 10/8/18.

1. Brittany0208

Brittany0208 Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue I Can't Stop Posting!

Brittany
    I prepare Java's dinner at 4pm everyday, and I always close him up in his cage until I'm back in the room with him. Well, he let me pet his head for a minute or so before I told him I was going to get his dinner. Since he sits on the sundeck on his door, all I had to do was close the door. So I did with no problem.
    I go in the kitchen to wash out his bowl and begin cutting up some broccoli for him when I hear a very faint fluttering noise. Considering he doesn't fly unless he's spooked, I didn't think much of it, even though I still decided to go in the bedroom and check on him. His cage door was open and he wasn't in it!!!
    I look on my bed where he usually lands when he's spooked. He wasn't there. I check the doorway. No go. I look at my cat who is still staring out the window as always. I look around the floor and I still don't see him. So I call his name and get no response.
    I carefully walk over to his cage, looking around in case he was still inside it, and he wasn't. Right as I'm getting ready to explode in panic, I see his little head bobbing around from the floor just next to the dresser which is in front of his cage. He's sitting there looking at me with these beady eyes, wanting me to pick him up. So I do. The little imp tried to fly after me when I left the room, and one of his toys kept the lock on the cage from latching completely. My heart is still pounding out of my chest!!! He's never done this before.
    Now, as if nothing happened, he's stuffing his face while I'm trying to keep my heart out of my throat.
    Instant headache!!!

SandraK, Eloy, JLcribber and 3 others like this.
  2. zoo mom

zoo mom Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Elaine
    Glad he is safe. But on the positive side it means he wants to be with you.

Eloy, Tiel Feathers and Brittany0208 like this.
  3. Brittany0208

Brittany0208 Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue I Can't Stop Posting!

Brittany
    Can't stay angry with that face. My little imp
    20181008_161109.jpg
    20181008_161013.jpg
    20181008_161026.jpg

WendyN, iamwhoiam, Eloy and 7 others like this.
  4. Clueless

Clueless Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

He is adorable

Brittany0208 likes this.
  5. Brittany0208

Brittany
    Thank you:heart:
    I want to wring his skinny little neck, but it was my fault for not making sure the cage was ABSOLUTELY locked

rockoko, Hankmacaw and Clueless like this.
  6. Clueless

Clueless Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

I hear you.

Secret pulls stunts like that from the low playstand of hers.

7. Brittany0208

Brittany
    Gotta watch them 24/7 lol

Clueless likes this.
  8. rockoko

rockoko Squawk and Meow! Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Martine
    Brittany0208 likes this.
  9. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Cruising the avenue Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

Deanna
    So glad the cat didn’t get him. How scary! He’s so cute with that messy beak!

Brittany0208 likes this.
  10. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    Good thing the cat was distracted.

Brittany0208 likes this.
  11. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Good that you found him and that the cat didn't go after him.
    Mushy beak photos are cute.

Brittany0208 likes this.
  12. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor BINGO CHAMPION

Shawna
    What a goober!! :lol:

Brittany0208 likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)