• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Jasmine

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I brought Jasmine home 17 years ago. Ever since then she has been my cuddle buddy. The only one at home who would watch scary movies with me. A pain in my side as often as she was my best friend. She was everything a cat should be: mischievous, friendly, getting into trouble, cuddly, a brat, hilarious, and so patient.

A couple day ago she ballooned to a an uncomfortable size. She was barely eating and wasn't using the bathroom. I knew something was really wrong. Scheduled a vet visit and while I feared the worst I was hoping for the best. X-rays and ultrasound confirmed our fears : a tumor or mass pressing on her intestines. Her abdomen was filled with a fluid that contained cancer cells. The vet simply states that, "We could do surgery but it won't do anything for Jasmine."

She was already miserable. Usually she is on the move at the vet, looking for a way out. She layed on the table, unmoving. She had no fight left. Taking her home would mean waiting for her to die while she slowly starved to death or the fluid reached her lungs and suffocated her.

I had to say goodbye. I knew when I made the call for an exam that this was possible. I wasn't prepared to hear that my options were letting her suffer or putting her to sleep.

I love you, Jazzy. I was with you for half my life and all of yours. I am so happy I found you at the shelter even when my dad told me "absolutely do not bring a cat home." I was proud to spend my first paychecks on your first vet visit. You've been with me 17 years in body, but will be with me always in spirit.

IMG_20181113_193134_815.jpg

FB_IMG_1542157472407.jpg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Oh @Mizzely I am so sorry for your loss of Jasmine your best buddy. She was as lucky to have you as you were to have her. I can really sympathize with you as I am currently going through a very similar situation with my cat who is 17, she is home for as long as we can keep her comfortable as there is nothing more the vet can do to help her:( It is such a hard thing to deal with when you loose an animal who has been with you through so many things in your life. :sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
:sorrow:

She lived a long, wonderful life with you - she knew comfort and was deeply loved. She was with you while you made a life for yourself and for your family! I don't think she could have asked for a single thing more.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I'm so sorry for your loss of Jazzy.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for your loss of Jazzy. She sounds like she had the best possible life with you. Hopefully your memories of her will bring you comfort soon.
:sadhug2:

Greencheek Lee

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
I'm so very sorry for you loss. I still cry over my kitty love after 19 years. Glad you had so much time together and that you were with her in the end.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
:hug8: It never gets easier. :hug8:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:( I'm so sorry for your loss.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
What a beautiful tribute. :sorrow: I'm glad you absolutely did bring a cat home that day. She was the perfect companion, right down to the scary movies. :bluhug: I love the picture of her with Nikolai. Extra scritches for Lydia and lots of hugs to you and your family.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
The vet said Jasmine was probably just slowly declining without many or any symptoms until a tipping point which just happened to be 3 days ago when it went to heck and regardless of when we caught it the prognosis would be the same. I'm glad she got to be at home and happy and just got to be a lazy old cat until that point :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
What a beautiful tribute. :sorrow: I'm glad you absolutely did bring a cat home that day. She was the perfect companion, right down to the scary movies. :bluhug: I love the picture of her with Nikolai. Extra scritches for Lydia and lots of hugs to you and your family.

When I met her she wanted out of the cage and so I held her. She was a tiny kitten brought in all by herself. The first thing she did was climb onto my shoulder and just laid there. I knew I couldn't leave her and begged my mom to loan me her $25 to adopt her. I was 15 and just had got a job at the library.

I still have the envelope I withdrew the money for her first major appointment in a scrapbook. It was $84 and some change and I wrote something to the effect of "this envelope contained $84.xx which I used to buy a cat uterus." LOL

Worth every penny!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Jazzy us a beautiful tigger cat as we say here at home. I'm sorry she wasn't well, letting go for a pet's sake is one of the hardest things to have to do. And that is a gorgeous photo of your little one and Jazzy.:sadhug2::sadhug2: