• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Jasmine U2 is trying to hatch.....

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
...a BALL! She had been egg bound November 29, 2023 with 2 eggs. Vet had to remove them. January 9, 2024 she prolapsed. I managed to get it all stuffed back in & put her on calcium 5 days a week. She laid an egg on Feb 20th. When I found it, it was cold, but still soft & had cracked. I tossed it. Later she decided to sit on a small ball. So I gave her 2 fake eggs in a glass pie dish, with a piece of sheet & put the ball in with them. She removed the ball, pushed the dish/nest with the fake eggs away, pulled the piece of sheet out, put it in the corner of her cage, put the ball on it & sat on the ball. She has been sitting on it ever since.

So how long does it take a U2 to hatch a ball?? :laughing7:

Her cage is a mess. Just doing basic cleaning so as not to upset her. When she's done sitting on her ball/egg we'll give it a good scrub down.
IMG_8944Jasmine sitting on ball Feb 20, 2024.jpg

Igonore my dity lace curtain. Windowsill on 2nd floor leaked rain & ran down over my curtains. Have to wait until warm weather, so birds can be outside, as I need to bleach the currtains.
IMG_8945Jasmine sitting on ball Feb 20, 2024.jpg

Rebel

Sprinting down the street
...a BALL! She had been egg bound November 29, 2023 with 2 eggs. Vet had to remove them. January 9, 2024 she prolapsed. I managed to get it all stuffed back in & put her on calcium 5 days a week. She laid an egg on Feb 20th. When I found it, it was cold, but still soft & had cracked. I tossed it. Later she decided to sit on a small ball. So I gave her 2 fake eggs in a glass pie dish, with a piece of sheet & put the ball in with them. She removed the ball, pushed the dish/nest with the fake eggs away, pulled the piece of sheet out, put it in the corner of her cage, put the ball on it & sat on the ball. She has been sitting on it ever since.

So how long does it take a U2 to hatch a ball?? :laughing7:

Her cage is a mess. Just doing basic cleaning so as not to upset her. When she's done sitting on her ball/egg we'll give it a good scrub down.
View attachment 443375

Igonore my dity lace curtain. Windowsill on 2nd floor leaked rain & ran down over my curtains. Have to wait until warm weather, so birds can be outside, as I need to bleach the currtains.
View attachment 443376
I hope thats not mold on that curtain.

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I hope thats not mold on that curtain.
No it's dirt/stain from water running inside the 2nd floor windowsill, down thru the 1st floor window, wall, & then out & down over my drapes & curtains. It's been there since last fall. We repaired the windowsill leak. Need the weather to be warm enough to take the birds outside, as I will have to use bleach to get them clean. Have to wait a couple months yet.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Almost there, Jasmine. You've got this! :laughin:Silly birdie. And bless her heart, she looks so proud! :swoon: