• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Jake is a real swinger!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

Know nothing about those swings. Good idea to find out about the metal. Jake's is a metal frame and then a perch would fit into it so if he removes the perch which he did he can still use the swing. Jake's is similar to the second link you posted but it's a square/rectangular frame. I don't even know where I got Jake's swing. He's had it since he was very young. I've wanted to swap it out but I know if I do that he will not be happy.

drs fsmith gave me prevue pet's phone number to call next week.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
12" is getting large for their cage! Actually there's no space even for the 8" one lol!
LOL....says the 12" is heavy and it's 15" long. Are you going to put the swing in Jojo's and Chickie's cage? It's 10" in height. I'm thinking of ordering an 8" one but trying to limit spending. Sort of disappointing that they replaced the natural perch with dowel. Same thing that Midwest did with their Avian Adventures cages. :(

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
LOL....says the 12" is heavy and it's 15" long. Are you going to put the swing in Jojo's and Chickie's cage? It's 10" in height. I'm thinking of ordering an 8" one but trying to limit spending. Sort of disappointing that they replaced the natural perch with dowel. Same thing that Midwest did with their Avian Adventures cages. :(
Oh no! I loved their cow wood perches!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh no! I loved their cow wood perches!
I was very surprised when the Chiquita cages I ordered in 2016 arrived with dowel perches. One was very loose fitting and the other one was bowed. I called to get replacements and asked about the yellow cow wood. I was told that they are now sending out cages with dowels. The rep told me most people put in their own perches but to me that was just a rationalization because they are probably saving $$ using the dowels. I always liked the cow wood and used those as well as added other perches. Also cow wood was still noted in the description. However they still had some cow wood perches so I was sent two of those. One of them had some black stuff on it so I didn't use it but the other one was OK.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I was very surprised when the Chiquita cages I ordered in 2016 arrived with dowel perches. One was very loose fitting and the other one was bowed. I called to get replacements and asked about the yellow cow wood. I was told that they are now sending out cages with dowels. The rep told me most people put in their own perches but to me that was just a rationalization because they are probably saving $$ using the dowels. I always liked the cow wood and used those as well as added other perches. Also cow wood was still noted in the description. However they still had some cow wood perches so I was sent two of those. One of them had some black stuff on it so I didn't use it but the other one was OK.
Nice! I saved my cow wood perch from the ss Chiquita that rusted after a decade and made a swing out of it in the flying room!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Nice! I saved my cow wood perch from the ss Chiquita that rusted after a decade and made a swing out of it in the flying room!
Very clever! Surprised the Chiquita rusted especially since it was ss. Wouldn't have thought ss would rust. That's too bad.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Very clever! Surprised the Chiquita rusted especially since it was ss. That's too bad.
Jackson is hard on his cages! Already in his powder coat Chiquita I had to switch out a side panel because poop in the crevices swelled and cracked it. I clean the poop regularly but can’t get it out of the crevices.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Jake loves his swing.

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
That is so awesome. He really gets going doesn't he

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We made a play gym for him several years ago and had to be sure to include a swing.