• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Jack

clawnz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Clive
Lets see if I can get this to post. Ye Har!
Ok This is Jack. He is about 2yr old and as you can see has all his flight feathers and can fly.
This was taken at our second New Zealand Indoor Flight & Meet Up club meeting.
We hire a church hall for these events.
We are very new to this. But so far know the birds are, so enjoying the meetings.
Us human slaves also get a buzz out of seeing them having the freedom to fly around, if they want.

I fluked it getting this shoot.

He is really getting a buzz out of being able to have so much room to fly in.
He is only so tame, but does like to be near the action. So we tend to ignore him, and he comes for the interaction.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
That is amazing! What an amazing club that is, it must be such a wonderful experience to see all the birds safely free fly inside! That is one gorgeous shot:wideyed: He is gorgeous, a real treat for the eye:heart:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Great shot - those flight photos are always so beautiful they really show off a bird's grace and colours.

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Wow!

clawnz

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Clive
That is amazing! What an amazing club that is, it must be such a wonderful experience to see all the birds safely free fly inside! That is one gorgeous shot:wideyed: He is gorgeous, a real treat for the eye:heart:

Thank you.

I have just posted a bit of vid of our last meeting.
It is a bit messy, but you get the idea.
There are a good number of people who are close and so many eyes, watching to make sure nobody get rough.
So far they all just seem so relaxed. (After they have settled in).
And great to see birds that you normally only see in photoshoots sitting like a statue, actually being able to decide if they want to fly around or to someone.

Kai flew to me, I had my back turned, and just turned in time to see him coming.
It was his first time, so did not know me, yet he decided to just fly to me.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I love the video! So Many beautiful birds flying about, it’s heaven!:heart:

clawnz

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Clive
I may have my first Plucking bird?

Jack has had feathers damage around his neck, and had thought him and his sister were at each other, I had seen disagreements.
But I am sad to say it looks like he maybe doing this to himself. He also knocked some feathers off his chest, a few weeks back. He went fly around.
Escaped. And when I got him back the next day, he had the chest damage.

I will be so sad. I had hoped this molt would see him perfect. Maybe not so, now.
I have to wait as they should (or my Eclectus do) go into a molt January / February.
Then I will be sure.
Birds Pictures, Birds Images, Birds Photos, Birds Videos - Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

http://tinypic.com/r/2e14vlw/9

Last edited:

annoellyn

Walking the driveway
my city has a bird club that does a meet with birds present so they can fly around. I've always wanted to go but I'm nervous Jupiter won't come to me or she'll be hard to get all the excitement. Then all the better bird people will judge me haha. I see pictures of the club members and they're all holding there birds nice, Jupiter is more likely to bite my hands if I stand too still for too long little bugger, she's easily bored.