• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Jack turned on Minty but...

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I´m glad the other thread helped you.
I think it´s easy to lose perspective, especially when intense emotions are involved.
It won´t get any easier, that´s just life.
Don´t let it hinder you and stop you helping other birds that may be counting on you to save them.
:hug8:

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Jack did not cause Minty's death. He did exaserbate an ongoing condition but he did not kill him.
Minty had a brain abcess, probably initiated by a scratch in the ear. That abcess had started in the middle ear and spread to his brain. Jack's little tap to the back on Minty's head, along with increased adrenalin and high blood pressure caused it to rupture.
Minty's behaviour was not hormonal, and neither was Jack's.
Sounds like the other bird new the one was sick is why
How the h*ll? I don't know, but you called it.

I've been through the night video of the night frights, and it seems they were initially caused by Minty losing his balance and panicking. This rippled through the whole flock including Tau. So we have now solved Tau's night frights.

The changes. Jack and Misty now have one section of the double flight cage to themselves.Tau has the other section. Sprite is moving to my sister's. She lost her canary last year and feels ready for a new bird. She has the space and the love so why not?
I'm not looking to adopt any new birds. While Tau is flightless it would be unfair to get her a friend. Jack and Misty are joined at the hip, so I don't want to risk upsetting that friendship (another reason for Sprite's departure).
_20190317_133705.JPG

Last edited:

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
wow, nothing is simple is it?
even solving the night frights!
I'm glad you have answers and are able to make adjustments for the rest of the flock that work for everyone.
I hope it's smooth sailing now

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
wow, nothing is simple is it?
even solving the night frights!
I'm glad you have answers and are able to make adjustments for the rest of the flock that work for everyone.
I hope it's smooth sailing now
Thank you. It's sad that it's had to happen. But I'm already seeing a change in the rest of them so it's for the best I believe.
As an aside I just caught Tau humping a perch. Guess I can look forward to a few eggs o_O

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Minty was a very handsome bird ❤

I thought the same thing when I saw @Budgiebonkers message yesterday, but I assumed you had said in private what had happened.

Great news that there is somewhat a good outcome for the rest of the flock. I´m sure Sprite will have a great life with your sister (She should join the forum ;) ).

And such a relief to find out what caused Taus night frights.

PS: we need pictures of Jack and Misty together! :xflove:

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
PS: we need pictures of Jack and Misty together! :xflove:
Bit of a challenge, but I'll grab some pics later for Misty's diary thread

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Wow Linden, I'm so glad you found out why Minty passed away. I wonder if the abscess on the brain caused him to continue to hump poor Jack so much, I mean, I know it's a normal thing, but in excess maybe not normal. In any case, I'm so glad the rest of the flock is doing well, and that Jack and Misty are able to be together too.