• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I've missed everyone...and also, need help with a rehoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeverelySweet

Sprinting down the street
No, it's NOT Syd! Lol...that would NEVER happen! Although, there was a fleeting threat of being the cats dinner after the bite he gave my sister...the bruise now literally covers her entire forearm. OUCH!

That being said....

I'm making this post here, because I know more people than I do in any of the other forums on this board, so hopefully, by reaching out, you all will be able to help.

I got a message from a longtime friend yeaterday, asking for my help in rehoming his girlfriends African Gray. He's 18 years old, and she's been the sole owner. He was hand fed by her, seems to be socialized fairly well, and I was told he has a pretty decent sized vocabulary, although he's shy about speaking around new people. He does, however, have a bit of feather destructive behavior.

I really wish I could take him myself. But, even after considering keeping him on the other side of the house, hepa air purifiers, etc, I cannot run the risk of doing anymore damage to Syd's respiratory system than has already been done.

This baby is located in Tampa/Clearwater area, and will come with his cage, toys, and food. My friend doesn't want any money for a rehoming fee...but rather, the peace of mind that the baby will be well cared for, and in a loving home. When I asked the reason why they wanted to rehome, he said it's because they just no longer have the time to give the attention that the bird deserves. And, to me, that reason is pretty evident just from the state he's in.

received_10208523770531750.jpeg

Any and all help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
I’m sorry to hear about your friend’s situation, we have a Rehome board on here that might help you find someone. Sorry I can’t help more. Good luck! I hope he finds somewhere soft to land.

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
I was the same as Robin!! I thought you were going to rehire Syd!!! It scared me for a second because I was so worried about you and Syd! I'm so sorry your friend can't take care of the beautiful AG. I hope you find a forever home for him. He's adorable and obviously deserves it. Thank you so much for doing this!

SeverelySweet

God I thought you were rehoming Syd! So glad you’re not:heart: Thank you for helping this parrot! I hope she finds a good home:heart:
Oh my goodness....I'd rather rip my own heart out, than even think about rehoming Syd! Lol

Because this bird is in such a state, I may talk with my sister about fostering him, while I search for a good home. But, only if I can figure out a perfect way to not have it be harmful to Syd. He's already endured far too much trauma to his health, and he's come such a long way on the recovery road. I wont do anything to jeapordize that.

MeganC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
I really wish I could offer to help. I keep coming back to look at the poor guy. I have my conures though and you’re not supposed to mix them with dusty birds same as macaws. I really hope you’re able to get this guy into a great home.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Bless you for helping him...... .

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I really hope someone here can find it in their heart to take this little guy in! He's breaking my heart! I am here to say that these guys are awesome, especially the rehomes! Anyone in the Florida area who has room in their home and their heart?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I really hope someone here can find it in their heart to take this little guy in! He's breaking my heart! I am here to say that these guys are awesome, especially the rehomes! Anyone in the Florida area who has room in their home and their heart?
AA train...............? :)

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I hope you can find him a nice home, and thank you for helping him!

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
I didn’t think for a second that you would be rehoming Syd. :heart:
I hope a great home can be found for this little one...it reminds me of how my mom keeps her grey, one or two toys that aren’t new and expecting it to be an environment for an intelligent being. But I know his perfect home is out there. :hug8:

HolliDaze

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
Whereabouts are you located? I can't take him, but I have a friend who possibly could. I don't want to propose throwing a grey into a mix unless I know if you live close enough!

EllaMay

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
I would in a heartbeat, I could travel depends how desperate she is to rehome him at the immediate moment. The picture of him breaks my heart. Epecially how Ella, Daisy and Babe have free rein of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.