• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I've given in to them

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
...... and they love it.
When Bonnie and Clyde came to me they came in a cage that most of us would consider totally unsuitable. So I integrated into the budgie flick and they all enjoyed each other's company. I thought everything was great until Christmas, whe Bonnie started getting defensive over her fake eggs and all the seed in the cage.
So I got my sister to fetch over her spare flight cage,but they never settled. Clyde spent all his time trying to escape and chasing Bonnie around.
So I decided this morning to try out their old cage again. And BOOM! They're back to being busy little birds. They have their own private bath now so it's been a cycle of bathe preen eat repeat. Bonnie's had 6 baths in two hours that I've see, and her butt has never been cleaner.
Using this cage is not what I wanted, but apparently it's just what they wanted.
And she's just hopped in the bath again.
I'll just ignore my common sense rule book with these two.
IMG20220207145255.jpg

Last edited:

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I understand your decision, but it looks like a nightmare to clean!!

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
What stubborn little babies! I wonder if they just like a taller cage?

HQ has a tall version of their flight cages. But no aesthetic roof that your finches like. :laughin:

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
To this day, I still sleep best in my old crappy twin xl bunk that I bought freshman year. It’s ancient…but there’s something to be said about familiarity.

Is that Bonnie’s butt I see sticking up in the food dish?

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Is that Bonnie’s butt I see sticking up in the food dish?
That's her makeshift s/s nest, and yes that's her butt :rofl:

it looks like a nightmare to clean!!
It breaks down into three interchangeable sections. There's also a ⅔ width door at the bottom that the bath is fixed to for the daily essentials.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
:lol: Well if she´s happy in it.. :shrug: Glad everyones happier with this set up. Can´t be nice for your budgies having this little one guarding all the food.

but it looks like a nightmare to clean!!
I had a black cage like this back when I just had Sydney, and I hated it with a passion. Definitely one of the biggest regrets was buying that cage. Cleaning it was awful, such hard work, and would take me three/four times longer than my flight cages do.