• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

It's been a while, hoping for some advice

kodeek

Meeting neighbors
Hi, It has been a while, i honestly could not remember the name of the site. IE stopped working switched to chrome, lost all my Favorites. I don't know where to begin on how to ask a question. It would be important to ask it tonight, for what i am to do with the situation tomorrow.
I now have another addition to family. It has been a long time, i just now found the site. Long story short as possible. We switched the budgies cages to a big cage, just prior to this, one of our little joys(Chloe) discovered a material cup holder i had hanging on a door(empty, no cup) since she has been going in and out an seems to be ignoring her best pal(Susie)as well as we switched their life long cages to one big cage. They have never sleep in the same cage together. (I know i made a big mistake by putting this material cup holder in the big cage) they would, like clockwork, at 9.45-10pm they would go into their own cages and p to their beds(perches)do routine, in morning they would greet each other(kisses, cleaning etc). since the change, Chloe will not stay out of that cup holder, its like a "snuggle hut" she is in it all day til bedtime comes out to eat, drink, say hello, back in she goes. I feel so bad for Susie she seems lost. I gave it a week, I know it was a adjustment for the cage switch, well it was for Susie. 1st night we took Chloe out and put her in her reg cage, as well as Susie, Chloe went in as if it was back to normal, Susie couldn't settle (this is her life long cage she is used to) 1st night again(after bringing their old cages back) Susie finally settled in the big one and Chloe, still not bothered either way, sleeps in that cup holder/hut. I forgot to mention, I gave the big cage a week til i brought their old ones back out. I just know i have Susie all confused. Tomorrow we plan on taking the small/old cages out(for good, not giving in again) also taking that cup holder away from Chloe. I was hoping to get some advice on, should we just take it away. and put it out of site. and let them adjust to big cage, and not keep other cages out in the living room, where they are kept? The big cage had been set up in the living room for 5 months before they where put in it overnight(doors closed/cage covered) they used to just use it as a playground. What i would like to do is have it like they were. going to theirs beds like clockwork, greeting each other in the morning, and doing their budgie/human routine, big part was big cage is/was their playground. How bad did i mess up their routine? and can i get it back the way it was? Thank you in advance I apologize for not using the correct forums. I still wasn't used to the site yr/yrs ago and just didn't know how to do it, Honestly didn't have the time to do all that reading. Again Thanks in advance, any input would be so appreciated. Thanks
Kodeek/Partner, Chloe and Susie DSCF2286.JPG DSCF2219.JPG

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think they should be okay switching to the new cage and should get their routine back.