• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

NEW PRODUCT It's all been in the works ...

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Wow they look great. This makes me really wish there were decent SS toys here in Aus.

I thought you guys had Avian Stainless? They sold rights to someone there!

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Actually, the Harmony toy I am waiting on because like my B&G, she can bend the keys on it. I am awaiting on a little bit thicker ss metal for my key to be made up. It would be good for any other bird of Amazon/Grey size and under with no problem. I can not say just yet on when as far as a target available date. Also, I am going to go with a bit heavier tag and not quite as large for inside the bell part that serves as the clapper.

Did you all see my newest toy called "Shake It!? I have problems with naming toys and taking good images.

SSBT-Shake-It-1a-183k.jpg

Nuts & Bolts toys, will work on that a bit later ... I went to the hardware store the other day to get some bolts I wanted to use but they did not have the kind I was looking for in SS. Mind you, I wouldn't be buying my supply at my local hardware store to make up toys, merely to try a sample toy before I order in larger quantity online so I know what works best.

Last edited:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Geeze, everything in the SS category is beautiful!!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks that would be great, I have not had any luck getting any really good ones here yet and all the ones I have seen are pretty crumby and not very well put together unfortunately. I have already purchased all the decent ones here (that I have found) that are not just made out of thin wire and that totals three, lol.
I have just spent this months bird toy money (yesterday :/) but I will have a look for next months purchase :)

I believe that Beaks and Feet took over for Avian Stainless in Australia. Here is their Facebook page: Beaks and Feets Parrot Toys - Home | Facebook

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Now I clearly see why Doris/Vic charged the prices they did. AND the time it takes to prep all the stainless pieces. In all honesty, it's not fun cutting metal and grinding it and what not just to get the metal ready to put on toys, let alone the welding of the orings. It's only me, myself and I and I will try to involve hubby now and then but he is busy with his own biz stuff.

I have no idea what is taking the other people so long to come out with the A/S toys, they'd better get on the bandwagon soon. I heard it was another source who is doing A/S. :zipped1:

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
By the way, how does this Beaks and Feets on facebook sell their stuff? I don't see any real info on products except images of toys they've made. I just would not think that is a good ecommerce set up. Do they have another website? I can not find anything else on them.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I wondered about that as well. They said on FB that they were backed up in May, but no news since then.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
By the way, how does this Beaks and Feets on facebook sell their stuff? I don't see any real info on products except images of toys they've made. I just would not think that is a good ecommerce set up. Do they have another website? I can not find anything else on them.
I searched for a website and I couldn't find anything. This info from Facebook page: "Custom made parrot toys constructed with highest grade parrot safe natural and man-made components. Toys are made-to-order to customer's specifications."

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
They do not have a web site set up yet and I have had no luck getting to look at the toys so I can choose some to purchase.
I was told to look on FB (which I do not have or know how to use) so I had a friend let me use her account so I could have a look and there was not much there and no list of things available. I am still waiting for them to send me some pictures of suitable toys for my bird so I can choose and buy. I believe the new owner is very busy with her full time work and has not yet been able to start advertising the SS toys.
I have no idea how one would advertise and sell on FB and I can not find a way to view the toys or a list of them to be able to order them which is why I am thinking about buying from Blu's Bird Toys and getting them shipped to Aus.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
They do not have a web site set up yet and I have had no luck getting to look at the toys so I can choose some to purchase.
I was told to look on FB (which I do not have or know how to use) so I had a friend let me use her account so I could have a look and there was not much there and no list of things available. I am still waiting for them to send me some pictures of suitable toys for my bird so I can choose and buy. I believe the new owner is very busy with her full time work and has not yet been able to start advertising the SS toys.
I have no idea how one would advertise and sell on FB and I can not find a way to view the toys or a list of them to be able to order them which is why I am thinking about buying from Blu's Bird Toys and getting them shipped to Aus.
Maybe if you and a friend could split the postage cost and combine a bigger order? Fluffypoptarts and I did that a long time ago since we're both in FL and needed things from a Canadian vendor.

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan

Oh her page on Facebook, she says to message her on Facebook to place an order. Her last post was in early August. Back in may she posted she was back logged 5-6 weeks.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I love it!!! Great job!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY