• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

NEW PRODUCT It's all been in the works ...

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
It's been a long haul and it is finally getting off the ground slowly. At first I was going to put it all on another domain but then decided to put it on Blu's site. I'm still selling out of my other main products I've been trying to clear out for some time. Eventually, I will just be stainless toys only.

I'm still waiting on stainless parts and gathering and prepping items. I have a handful of simple toys on the site.

Anyway, this toy I am posting on has just went up on the site and have to work out a few details for it such as pricing. I always have the hardest time photographing stainless, it is so hard!

Brickhouse-Bell-1a-130k.jpg

Link to this toy: Stainless Steel Brick House Bell for Extra Large Parrots

AND if you wonder who SSBT is, it's Blu's Bird Toys. The SSBT stands for stainlesssteelbirdtoys.com which leads to my main Blu's site!​

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Yay! I've been wanting some nice SS toys for Chirp but everything is either way out of my price range or way too big. Excited to see that you have a few toys for the little guys!

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can't wait to start shopping for Java. Since he's a bar-licker, I don't have to worry about him hurting himself with SS!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Awesome! Stainless steel toys are my weakness

(and foraging...and willow...and sales...and cute wood shapes.... I have a lot of weakness :lol:)

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Thank you all!! :) In reality, it is hard to determine toy size for bird sizes. Like for instance the little toy called "Stacked Flowers" I have in the extra small bird & small bird category but really an Amazon or Grey size bird would be able to play with it, it's still big enough for the Amazon size parrots to want to play with it. I've put birds into groups from extra small birds to extra large birds... so it defines it a little better. I put Amazon & Greys into the Large Bird group but in my mind they are a medium size bird to me and I consider Macaws large. Really, you just never know how birds do with certain size toys.

My main thing is regarding the stainless steel orings. So I've classified the 16mm x 2.5mm orings to be my standard ring size and the 19mm x 3.0mm is the larger heavier ring. No bird under the size of a large Macaw or Large Cockatoo would need a 3.0mm ring thickness. So only the Extra Large Bird category will have the heavier 3.0mm thickness welded ring on those toys.

I've bought a special welder just to weld the orings closed. The weld it not as pretty looking and its harder to clean up the metal but to me, its not bad and most importantly, it is made bird safe so no beaks or nails get caught in a gap being the gap is welded.

It's hard to come up with ideas especially since many of you are familiar with the one past stainless toy maker, so by no means do I want to do any duplicating even though they do not exist any longer. I want my toys to be my own but nevertheless, there is only so much you can do with stainless steel parts. It's limited.

Anyway, you'll also notice I changed my site's theme to what it is now. I hope you all like it okay enough!! Thanks! :)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Very nice!!!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yay!!!!!

Love the new direction you're going in.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Hooray! We needed someone to fill that niche.

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Well, yes, sort of ... I can use a bit smaller cup for the bell housing which looks the same but not as deep looking and not make it quite as long/high. I will work up a version of it soon for you to see!

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
How awesome Jan! It is always best to be unique. My stack of stainless is growing but I feel like I need much more variety to really make anything cool. I can't wait to see your parts for sale.

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
How awesome Jan! It is always best to be unique. My stack of stainless is growing but I feel like I need much more variety to really make anything cool. I can't wait to see your parts for sale.

My Stainless Steel Parts? That's because I don't have any. I may not either so that category might get deleted. It's very difficult to get a wide variety in stainless steel being that most stuff is more along the lines of hardware based. I will be getting in S/S Beads soon but other than that the stuff I have is hardware driven.

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
That is a beautiful bell! Does it come in budgie size?

This is what I came up with, it is smaller overall but might be a little too big still for a Budgie. It is 7" high with the pear link. It's about the best I can come up with right now on that sort of thing considering I do not have a lot to work with at this time. I'll put it on the site regardless if you want one or not, you're not obligated. It will be called the Small Brick House Bell. It would really be good for any bird from small on up to Amazon and Grey size birds. A smaller bird such as a Bugie size would probably not damage the plastic flowers but of course an Amazon size bird would probably get those plastic flowers chewed off eventually. I think it is a cute toy, it has a tear shaped tag inside for the clapper with two tiny size stainless beads on the oring inside.

Brickhouse-Bell-Small-1a-116k.jpg

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Both of the bell toys are very nice. Are the clappers welded?

meheartbirds

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Cynthia
This is what I came up with, it is smaller overall but might be a little too big still for a Budgie. It is 7" high with the pear link. It's about the best I can come up with right now on that sort of thing considering I do not have a lot to work with at this time. I'll put it on the site regardless if you want one or not, you're not obligated. It will be called the Small Brick House Bell. It would really be good for any bird from small on up to Amazon and Grey size birds. A smaller bird such as a Bugie size would probably not damage the plastic flowers but of course an Amazon size bird would probably get those plastic flowers chewed off eventually. I think it is a cute toy, it has a tear shaped tag inside for the clapper with two tiny size stainless beads on the oring inside.

Can you post your website to order it?