• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

It has been a very. Long time

SultanMyM2

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
Hello to all old and new members. Some of you may remember all our birds from being a member here. Well since my last post of losing Sultan March of 2016 we have lost all our birds to born a virus, pdd. We just lost Penney our U2 on July 4th @9:11pm. Penny was the last survivor and we think she may have been the carrier because she did come back positive for abav as well as Sultan. So hopefully they are all flying with the angels together as a family again. As far as me and Gina well we are a complete mess, our birds were our only family we had and our home will nvr be the same. On a good note the night penny passed I called a old parrot friend of ours to let her know about penny's passing. Well my Grand mother always told me things happen for a reason,, so my friend had told me she was going to actually call me Thursday to ask if we were interested in rescuing a 28 yr old M2 that we had met 8 years prior and I didn't want to make Sultan my M2 jealous and we already had a flock so we passed on the bird. Anyway we got in touch w the owner of the M2 that needs rescuing and we are picking him, her up Monday night . The M2 story is the owner's got the bird as a wedding gift 28 years ago it hasn't been handled by them in 5 years only by there son, has no chew toys, cage is to small, no people stimulation, nothing to chew and screams all day until they cover it with a sheet. So my question is does anyone have any suggestions on bringing him home. He, she already has a vet appointment in 3 weeks(unstress, settle in, get comfy) time and once he is settled in we are getting him, her a new bigger cage. We are in a new house sine all other birds passed away except Penny and will get all new toys, cage, bowls, etc so nothing will be contaminated so we hope we are doing the rite thing. Oh I got off track ugh. Back to rescuing this bird was this a sign from penny for her to be free so we can provide a better, happier home for the new bird?? Did she know ? Memere always said things happen for a reason and God works in mysterious ways... Anyway please comment and suggestions. Thanks allot.
Sorry for the long story, rant..

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'm terribly sorry about you losing all of your birds - my goodness the pain you must have gone through. My imagination cannot encompass so much pain.

They are all flying high and free now. Without pain and illness. Listen closely and you may even hear them giving you a flyby.

I'm so glad you are getting another bird - one that needs you a lot. It will help both you and the bird.

If you haven't been introduce to F10 yet, please buy some and spray your entire new home with it. It is the only disinfectant that I am aware of that will kill the ABV and PDD virus. It is completely safe for birds and people. It is non-caustic and non-alkaline. It does not need (and shouldn't be rinsed off). We have one member who bathed herself and her bird in F10 with no detrimental effects. I have nebulized my macaw with it (Aspergillosis) and although it did not do her any good, it did not harm her at all.

You can buy it here Bird Safe Cleaning| Non-Toxic Disinfectant| F10 - FREE Shipping or at Amazon.

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I would also be concerned about the virus that's everywhere inside your home. It's a bear to eradicate, so please have care.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I am sorry for your loss of Penny.
So hopefully they are all flying with the angels together as a family again.
There is no doubt that they are all soaring through the skies of the Bridge...and I know they're joined by my flock there.
was this a sign from penny for her to be free so we can provide a better, happier home for the new bird?
I have no doubt that this was a sign from her...and make no mistake...she's looking in from the Bridge...smiling...:heart:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
It has been a long time. I’m so sorry about all your flock. Life sure isn’t fair sometimes. I wish you and the new bird strength and courage moving forward

Please take the time and effort to really clean that environment. We want this to be the last chapter on this terrible thing. :hug8:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
They fly into our hearts and leave feather dust on our souls forever. ..
So very sorry for your loss.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of all your birds. I can only imagine your suffering. I hope everything goes well with your new M2! Definitely clean everything thoroughly once, and then two more times.
:hug8:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:sadhug2:

Terribly sad...Gosh just one bird or one mistake can cause so much pain & loss.

Sorry for all the birds & yourself.

I would read up on it & if you had a positive bird in the house more than just a new cage & toys is probably necessary...you don;t want another to get it.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am so very sorry for your loss

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your losses.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome back. So very sorry for your losses.

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Welcome back and I’m so sorry for all your losses. How terrible.

Congrats on the new addition.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm so sorry for your losses. And nice to have you back.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to the Avenue, Rocky! :)