1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Issue resolved!

Discussion in 'Behavior Byway' started by Brittany0208, 8/4/18.

1. Brittany0208

Brittany0208 Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue I Can't Stop Posting!

Brittany
    I've figured out why Java didn't want to leave his cage for a few days. He wasn't getting enough sleep! Last night, I covered more of his cage so he couldn't peek through but also had plenty of ventilation, and I switched the blue led light for a plug-in night light that I had used before but stopped to experiment. He only chattered for about two minutes in the middle of the night, but I didn't respond and he quieted down.
    This morning, he's chatty, excited about being let out, and interested in his food again. This is such a huge relief and a learning opportunity, so I know what I have to do at bedtime. Thank you all for getting me through this and offering great advice. I'm so thankful he's back to himself again. :heart::heart::heart:

2. JLcribber

JLcribber Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

John
    Why does he need any light? You might want to try a dark experiment.

TikiMyn and Brittany0208 like this.
  3. Brittany0208

Brittany0208 Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue I Can't Stop Posting!

Brittany
    In the beginning he didn't have a night light and frequently flailed around and would fall off his perch. Once I put on a night light, he stopped freaking out at night and rarely fell anymore.

Max83, Dartman, Tiel Feathers and 4 others like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)